Palmetto arrived early!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jis

Permanent Way Inspector
Staff member
Administator
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
Since we often see people post about late trains I thought I will try the opposite for a change :)

Yesterday evening I was waiting for an NJT train from Newark Penn Station to Metropark. The arriva/departure monitor showed that Amtrak 90 the Palmetto was due in 50 mins on track 2. Didn't pay much attention to it since I thought that's way after I left Newark. But suddenly an Amtrak train with a bunch of Amfleet IIs and a couple of Amfleet Is arrives on track 2! It looked like Palmetto from its consist. Since it is discharge only there was no announcement. It stayed for a few minutes and then left for New York in a hurry. After it left, the arrival board changed to say that 90had arrived.

Gues what? It arrived almost 50 mins ahead of schedule!

Start to stop almost 57mph over 829 miles (18 stops) with a MAS of 79mph over 73% of the distance, and 110mph on portions of the remaining 27%! Not bad! A Northeast Regional from Boston to Washington manages to do around 58mph over 457 miles (21 stops). And the Lake Shore Limited if on schedule manages around 56mph.

50 mintues early? wow. Been 90 we were arrived 20 or even 30 mintues . since i commute from nyc to philly...still end up missing the last keystone train back to philly. glad it getting to be on time. hope my train this weeknd is the same !

Since we often see people post about late trains I thought I will try the opposite for a change :)

Yesterday evening I was waiting for an NJT train from Newark Penn Station to Metropark. The arriva/departure monitor showed that Amtrak 90 the Palmetto was due in 50 mins on track 2. Didn't pay much attention to it since I thought that's way after I left Newark. But suddenly an Amtrak train with a bunch of Amfleet IIs and a couple of Amfleet Is arrives on track 2! It looked like Palmetto from its consist. Since it is discharge only there was no announcement. It stayed for a few minutes and then left for New York in a hurry. After it left, the arrival board changed to say that 90had arrived.

Gues what? It arrived almost 50 mins ahead of schedule!

Start to stop almost 57mph over 829 miles (18 stops) with a MAS of 79mph over 73% of the distance, and 110mph on portions of the remaining 27%! Not bad! A Northeast Regional from Boston to Washington manages to do around 58mph over 457 miles (21 stops). And the Lake Shore Limited if on schedule manages around 56mph.

50 mintues early? wow. Been 90 we were arrived 20 or even 30 mintues . since i commute from nyc to philly...still end up missing the last keystone train back to philly. glad it getting to be on time. hope my train this weeknd is the same !

Arrived in DC 20 minutes early and departed 20 minutes early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back