Best food on the train that you had

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe it or not I ha a really, really good turkey sandwich from the cafe car. I really liked it. Went back for a second.
OK, I "don't believe it". I served too many, and ate too many myself. Maybe you were just really, really, hungry that day.
I really liked it. It had no lettuce on it (I am weird I think lettuce only belongs in a salad), the cheese was very gooey and yummy, and the meat was tastey and the bread did suck. Maybe I am weird then but I really enjoyed this darn thing. The guy working the snack car must have thought I was weird cause I kept buy tea like three bottles at a time.

Sadly, I've pretty much given up on the Flat Iron Steak. I'm not sure whether I've gotten less-than-optimal cuts or what, but as I mentioned in the ChicagoScope podcast, I've had bad luck with this steak on Amtrak.
Ya know, I've read on the forum how great the Flat Iorn Steak is. I've tried it three times & never cared for it.

I do like the NY Strip! I've never tried the veggie burger, but after reading several good things about it, I'll give the taste test this Feb.

Have Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back