Wot about a train sevice going be a limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raykirk_747

Train Attendant
I like to see Amtrak have a Limited Sevice From LAX to CHI Speed get up to 99mph Station thay are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Los Angeles,Sacramento,Salt Lake City,Denver,Chicago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Los Angeles,Sacramento,Portland,Seattle,Whitefish,Glacier Park,St.Paul-Minneapolis,Milwaukee,Chicago.

Umm, unfortunately outside the Northeast Corridor (Washington-New Rochelle and New Haven-Boston South Station) Amtrak does not control the speed of the tracks they run on, it's dictated by the freight railroad they run on. The freight company maintains the tracks to a certain standard, and based on the type of rails used, amount of ballast, signaling, and type of ties used the speed is determined by certain criteria. So unless Amtrak is willing to pay for those items, things stay at the freight comapny's will.

battalion51 said:
Umm, unfortunately outside the Northeast Corridor (Washington-New Rochelle and New Haven-Boston South Station) Amtrak does not control the speed of the tracks they run on, it's dictated by the freight railroad they run on. The freight company maintains the tracks to a certain standard, and based on the type of rails used, amount of ballast, signaling, and type of ties used the speed is determined by certain criteria. So unless Amtrak is willing to pay for those items, things stay at the freight comapny's will.
I Have Amtrak Travel Guide Book and I say that your are right see on amtrak webpage news update over here i Perth Wester Australia I Live of 44year now 18 year a go i have been LAX stand for 10day but i not travel by Train Yet my Next time I will travel by Train All AmericaThis is my say to you

:huh: :unsure: :) <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back