Lake Shore Limited trackwork

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thomas Morgan

Does anyone know about trackwork between Boston and Albany that is cancelling service. How long will it take to complete?

I just received the bad news from Amtrak, Sunday the 28th is one of the four days a week :(

My last bustitution from ALB to BOS was more than a decade ago. Does it actually take five hours and forty-five minutes to get to South Station? Also, is there a bus for Boston, and another bus for intermediate points?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh. I sure hope this is truly done by "early April". I'm on the LSL with my 6 year old in Apr 17th. Will not be impressed a bus trip down the Mass Pike for the first 5+ hours.

If you are worried about a westbound busitution and can leave early in the morning, I suggest taking the train to NYC and catching the LSL there. In the past when I did this, as long as I took a regional the price was exactly the same, plus I got to spend a couple of hours in NYC, more then enough time to get a nice lunch and do some shopping.The eastbound timing is such that it really doesn't work as well.

I was informed yesterday I'd be on a bus from Boston to Albany, then onto the the train to Chicago. B&O Fan, I'm going to call and see if they'll book me form Boston to New York instead - thanks for the idea!

Based on the online reservations, it looks like eastbound 448 makes it all the way to South Station on Thr and Fri evenings. That gives them the consist to do the return trip westbound 449 on Fri and Sat afternoons. Right now my reservation is safe (Saturday westbound), but will keep the Acela to NYP option in mind too. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back