Truck hits train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully it wasn't the other way around, indeed. Still, I hope the people in the truck weren't hurt too bad.

Random thought & comment: "Engine car"? -- (rhetorical question 'cause I can. haha) Wouldn't it be easier to just say "engine", or even "locomotive"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting -- I just had this situation in Traffic School (don't ask). About 25% of the car/truck--train collisions are caused by the car/truck driver overdriving their headlights or otherwise failing to pay attention and driving into a train. With the addition of texting the the arsenal of driving distractions, I suppose this percentage could go up.

And to top it all off....

The train involved in this incident was the West Palm Beach School Board Safety Patrol charter carrying a load of 9yo-11yo kids who are members of their schools' "safety patrols" up to their tour of Washington DC!!!

This is an annual event with anywhere between two to four roundtrips each year.

They are heading north as a #P934-20 using #98 and some Horizon equipment, and will return on Sunday (leave WAS Sat evening) in #97's time slot. Let's hope they have an uneventful trip home.

OBS gone freight...

They are heading north as a #P934-20 using #98 and some Horizon equipment, and will return on Sunday (leave WAS Sat evening) in #97's time slot. Let's hope they have an uneventful trip home.
What timeslot will 97 be running in that day? Just curious. Or will they just follow one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back