Share a Coke with...Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coke or Pepsi

• Coke

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • Pepsi

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters

KnightRail

Lead Service Attendant
Goodbye Pepsi Co., hello Coke. All of the beverages will be changing from the Pepsi family to the Coke family of products. That’s not all, the adult grape juice will also be refreshed. New offerings to wash down those fabulous flexible meals or whatever you choose from the AmCafe!

Any word on the wine changes? Will they just affect the cafe cars or will they also affect choices in the dining car? The OP sounded optimistic, but I am worried--the recent changes have not inspired confidence that these will be upgrades.

Any word on the wine changes? Will they just affect the cafe cars or will they also affect choices in the dining car? The OP sounded optimistic, but I am worried--the recent changes have not inspired confidence that these will be upgrades.
The OP is someone "in the know".

As a Pepsico shareholder, this is not good news. With all of the dining changes, maybe Amtrak does no longer want my long distance business when I need to go out of my way to arrange for such travel.

I hope they continue serving Lipton Pure Leaf Unsweetened Ice Tea. I do not drink soda or tea with sugar or artificial sweetener added. I think the best thing I can say for flex dining is that I can have as many ice teas as I want (and I had 2 the last trip on the Meteor).

I hope they continue serving Lipton Pure Leaf Unsweetened Ice Tea. I do not drink soda or tea with sugar or artificial sweetener added. I think the best thing I can say for flex dining is that I can have as many ice teas as I want (and I had 2 the last trip on the Meteor).
They won't. Maybe something comparable, but Lipton is a Pepsi product.

Ah... Dr pepper. The great unifier. Found in Pepsi places and Coke places. The ultimate independent.
Coke will probably push their "Mr. Pibb" brand. If Amtrak has any sense they will push back. I'm not optimistic.

On the other hand, some Minute Maid lemonade would be a great addition to the inventory...even if canned.

When is this change to Coke supposed to happen? I was on the Empire Builder and Pere Marquette a week ago and they were still offering Pepsi products. Being I’m partial to Coke, I’m anxious for the change!

In certain regions (NY as an example) Coke distributes Dr Pepper. I actually prefer Pure Leaf to the Coke distributed Gold Peak (both unsweetened versions) the PL tastes a bit stronger, and has a higher caffeine content.

I actually prefer Pure Leaf to the Coke distributed Gold Peak (both unsweetened versions) the PL tastes a bit stronger, and has a higher caffeine content.

I, too, like Pure Leaf better. I did not realize it has a higher caffeine content. Thanks for the info.

I'll admit, I'm in the minority, but I'm a Pepsi fan.

Look at it this way ... if all the complaining about the meals makes headway ... if [when] they restore "good food" they may look at the soda as part of the downgrade (which, of course, Coke is) and restore the Pepsi with the better food - hey, we can hope

My condolences to Pepsi people. It is finally Our turn. I don't often drink bellywash on AMTRAK, but it will be nice to have the choice. Since I bring my own particular brand of corn squeezings, it is just nice to see sanity prevail (!).
I don't eschew Amtrak simply because they serve Pepsi derivatives, I just don't order Pepsi products, no matter where I am. the fact that I have a bunch of Coca cola stock really doesn't enter into the equation. I don't drink Tropicana because it is a Pepsi product, but Simply Orange/Lime/Lemon tastes better IMHO.
I ride Amtrak because it is better than Greyhound, and an Helluva lot
more fun than buses, flying or even driving.
Although the Tropicana Train is an interesting phenomenon.

I'm pleased by this change (though I'm waiting on when the changeover happens). Of course, the changeover probably won't be good for my health...train trips were often a time I would "take a break" from soda.

Used to drink Pepsi , never Coke, but gave some serious thought to my family history of diabetes and switched to water. However, if I was traveling and wanted a treat I would love to have a cold bottle of Sprechers root beer. Those of you who live in the mid west or are from Milwaukee know what I mean.

Back