An unusual passenger encounter

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john h

Service Attendant
Not sure if this is allowed or not so if not please delete

But anyone ever come across someone claiming to be a brother of Criss Angel who says he recruits people into the lumonates (sp?)

Says he gets paid 4k a month just to ride the train

Really different type of passenger 

But anyone ever come across someone claiming to be a brother of Criss Angel who says he recruits people into the lumonates (sp?)

The Illuminati, maybe?

I've never met this person, but it also doesn't surprise me. There are all types out there.

I've never met this person, but it also doesn't surprise me. There are all types out there.
No kidding. I can't count the amount of times we've run into insane passengers on Amtrak.

However one of my favorite and most striking examples was Dr. Frederick Hoehn, an independent "author" we also met on the Eagle/Sunset, who spent much of the ride suggesting to various passengers in the lounge car (including us) that they buy his insane e-books, available on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble (there are literally hundreds of them).

So for those who are interested, here are a couple samples of Dr. Frederick Hoehn's most striking and "powerful" works. :giggle: :eek:hboy:

What's A Short Circuit?

Rap Music Does Damage

For more of Frederick's works of art, go here. :D

OlympianHiawatha said:
And I always thought all the crackers and biscuits took the bus
default_laugh.png
I take the train.

I expected a hilarious read, but I couldn't get past the terrible writing. I feel like I'm grading 9th grade essays again.
It really does make me feel much better about how my writing skills were in kindergarten, and the quality of my person in general. ^_^

The other part of the appeal for me is that I do find ridiculous/terrible arguments and rants extremely entertaining. Cough...trainaddict...cough.  :D

It really does make me feel much better about how my writing skills were in kindergarten, and the quality of my person in general. ^_^

The other part of the appeal for me is that I do find ridiculous/terrible arguments and rants extremely entertaining. Cough...trainaddict...cough.  :D
Then they can feel schooled. (See what I did there? LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if this is the "illuminati" (as I head it) fellow who sat across from me in a diner probably within the last 1.5 yr.  Got into some pretty "far out" (to me) subtopics.  Didn't say anything about the 4K job.  Possibly got a promotion?

I met someone last year claiming to be the long lost illegitimate son of Kurt Kobain. He actually was a pretty nice guy and bought me a small bottle of wine from the cafe car.

If he was the illegitimate child of Kurt Kobain, I wouldn’t care, but Kurt Cobain? That’s a different story altogether!

Often thought of regretting not keeping some sort of record of the interesting stories fellow travelers have told at the community dining.  By and large very nice humans with varied experiences in professions, family, travel, sports, criminality and so.  Often makes me feel that I've lived a very dull life.  Very little by way of negative interactions.  Perhaps there exists a thread related to interesting folks met on the train?

Has anyone ever encountered "Dusty", an older gentleman decked out in country and western clothing with a huge belt buckle who claims to play steel guitar and claims he is in the Country Music Hall of Fame? He claims to have played in bands with numerous country and western stars.  I met him on the Builder a few years ago and he had most of the train convinced that he really had been inducted into the Hall of Fame.  He detrained at Shelby, Montana as I recall.  Maybe there is a photo of him in some band hanging in the Hall of Fame so he can claim that he is "in" the Country Music Hall of Fame.  

I met a guy who told me he was a roadie who set up for Diana Ross.  One time he got sick on the road and she made sure he was looked after.  
Of all the items on this thread, this is by far the most plausible. Big-name musical acts, especially those whose careers last decades, must have hundreds of roadies over the course of their career. This is more likely a true story than if he had told you he was a brain surgeon. :cool:

Oddly enough in all my travels I’ve not experienced anyone who has claims to fame....unless Amtrak fame is included (i.e. popular on board staff, conductors, etc.). That doesn’t make them less interesting and they can be unusual. On my last trip, I had two meals on the Crescent with a gentleman from Vancouver BC, who is a commercial fisherman. He was touring the country on a 30 day pass and partying at each place he detrained. He told me that it was an unwritten rule of his trade that he was entitled to get wasted when not working on the boat.

I've never run into this character. Is this him?

2 minutes ago, desertflyer said:

I've never run into this character. Is this him?

No I googled and saw that this guy is his brother.  I have a photo but not sure I should post it

Back