76/77/79 Delays 2/14/2019

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
76 lost 2 hours between Charlotte and its next station, Kannapolis.

77 was observed (by me) to go into an apparent emergency brake application (from the brake smoke) near the Royal grade crossing, just west of Raleigh.  The conductor got out and walked the train.  And that was it.  Service disruption.

79 got to Raleigh about 1 hour late.  It departed Raleigh shortly, but not really since it didn't go anywhere for another 1.75 hours or so.

What caused these delays?

jb

Saw this in FB just now. Are these the trains you’re inquiring about?

“Sad news - yesterday while riding #91 home, I found out 2 of the NC Piedmont trains were involved in fatal trespassing accidents! TWO in one day!! In NC! Also had one the day before - 3 within 24 hours!! How sad! Had some MAJOR delays and one train canceled as a result.”

Saw this in FB just now. Are these the trains you’re inquiring about?

“Sad news - yesterday while riding #91 home, I found out 2 of the NC Piedmont trains were involved in fatal trespassing accidents! TWO in one day!! In NC! Also had one the day before - 3 within 24 hours!! How sad! Had some MAJOR delays and one train canceled as a result.”
Yes - that fits.  Thanks.

jb

For whatever reason it's always seamed like the Nc trains are hitting things. Even though the state invests a lot of money in grade crossing removal.

Back