Over night luggage storage in Seattle?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinnaker

Lead Service Attendant
Sort of a moot point but last time I was in Seattle, I had Amtrak store my bags overnight as I did not want to schlep it around town the day   around town the day before.  I had small bag just for my  one night stay in the city.  I was charged $25  for over night storage.   Should I have been charged since I was traveling first class the next day?

I will be returning to Seattle this summer.   Doubt I will be going with the same plan but you never know.

You have to pay, regardless of what class you're traveling. You can actually have them deliver the bag straight to your sleeper, though, if you want to have it waiting for you there.

A couple of years ago I took the EB from Seattle to Chicago in a sleeper.  I dropped off my bag at the station, returned my rental car about a mile away, and walked back to the station.  They charged me 5 or 10 bucks to hold onto my bag until the train left, 2 or 3 hours later.  They did not offer to take it to the train for me, I had to collect it and schlep it through the line and down the platform.

I also left my (small) case in Seattle last year before boarding the Empire Builder, having arrived on the morning Cascades from Vancouver. If I remember correctly I was charged $6 but I have not got any information on overnight storage charges.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back