Texas eagle incident near ft worth

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some radio people he used to work with said he wasn't literally on the tracks but was right next to them. I don't know why someone would run that close to the tracks but up until I became a railfan I had no idea how dangerous it could be. I used to walk alongside the tracks when I was a kid, it was a shortcut to school when I missed the bus. I always thought if I wasn't *on* the tracks I was OK

Last edited by a moderator:
Well maybe he thought the commuter rail stops at each station which it does, but Amtrak been using this route between fort worth and Dallas for quite some time and was wondering if people would just assume every train stops at each station 

Amtrak travels a lot faster than those TRE trains

Well maybe he thought the commuter rail stops at each station which it does, but Amtrak been using this route between fort worth and Dallas for quite some time and was wondering if people would just assume every train stops at each station 

Amtrak travels a lot faster than those TRE trains
You're suggesting that this guy thought all trains would stop at every station, which is why he didn't bother keeping clear of the tracks? That still wouldn't justify his decisions in the slightest. When you're near railroad tracks, it is your responsibility to keep your wits about you and to keep well clear of the tracks unless absolutely necessary (like if you need to cross).

You're suggesting that this guy thought all trains would stop at every station, which is why he didn't bother keeping clear of the tracks? That still wouldn't justify his decisions in the slightest. When you're near railroad tracks, it is your responsibility to keep your wits about you and to keep well clear of the tracks unless absolutely necessary (like if you need to cross).
The lawyers would disagree. It is the railroads fault and they likely blame the company and engineer.

Quite a tragedy.  Even if TRE has only been using it for over a decade, Amtrak just started on it last year.  It is newly the fastest non-stop train between Dallas and Fort Worth.  BNSF still operates on the line, albeit at a slower speed.

Regardless, I'm sorry for the loss of life, but there was really no excuse for it.

Time flies when you're displaced from home...
default_wink.png

Back