pennyk

Young mother with stroller and baby falls down NYC subway stairs, dies

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Woman-Dies-Fall-Subway-Stairs-Baby-505011161.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand&fbclid=IwAR3xp-Bvqy06LDTESrOlRfbC7zhd2_IvdL2c2cUk1RSrIt-9ZLi7iwBtaEo

Malaysia Goodson was found unconscious on the platform inside the Seventh Avenue station 

A young mother from Connecticut died when she plunged down the stairs at a subway station in Manhattan while holding her 1-year-old girl in her stroller, authorities say. 

Malaysia Goodson, 22, of Stamford, was found unconscious on the southbound platform inside the Seventh Avenue B D E station subway station in midtown at around 8 p.m. Monday, police said. She was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Simply tragic. Is the 7th Ave BDE station equipped with an elevator?

On 1/29/2019 at 6:27 PM, Pere Flyer said:

Simply tragic. Is the 7th Ave BDE station equipped with an elevator?

Nope.

(I now await the arrival of Neroden)

Edited by cpotisch

17 hours ago, Metra Electric Rider said:

The headlines elsewhere (I wasn't clicking on the bait) suggested some kind of medical situation rather than an inability to climb stairs.

Even if the actual fall may not have killed her,  you have to wonder if the added stress of having to lug a stroller up or down a set of stairs exacerbated or triggered the medical condition. The miracle in this is that the baby was not physically harmed. I wonder if this mother's last conscious thought was to position her body in such a way as to cushion the fall for her child. We'll never know.