Unlimited Rail Travel (Amtrak employee)-Dependents and Self?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got hired at Amtrak and I'm told we receive unlimited Rail Travel. What does entail? As myself and my dependents ride for free or discount? I looked into the policy and couldn't understand it that well

Welcome to AU. This website has no connection with Amtrak, despite the name. You should consult your employee manual and company website for the answers then come back here and fill us in. 

I just got hired at Amtrak and I'm told we receive unlimited Rail Travel. What does entail? As myself and my dependents ride for free or discount? I looked into the policy and couldn't understand it that well
I can give some insight. 

Coach travel on the NEC is free. All you need to do is "flashpass" AKA have your Amtrak ID out. Simple as that. If you want to ride Business Class on a Regional some crews will let you flashpass. But the proper way to go about it is to get a ticket within an hour of your departure time. You can book online on Amtrak's website, at a Quik Trak, at the ticket office, or by calling Amtrak. To book a BC ticket you'll need your "index number" You can get this at a ticket office or by calling reservations and giving them your SAP number which is your "pass number". 

Acela Express travel is restricted to departures between 9am and 2pm Weekdays and at an extremely reduced fare. 

But most trains fall under the "Red/White/Blue" policy. Blue is a free day, White you get 10% off and if it doesn't sell out you get the fare back. Red is 10% off, no refunds possible. Sleepers are always White. 

Spouses and Children can be added as well. You need to provide a birth certificate or proper adoption papers for your children and a marriage certificate for your spouse. There are limitations on how old your children can be until their pass privileges expire. 

If you have anymore questions feel free to drop me a PM. 

Lol that's what's in the original post
I thought I was helpful coming from an actual Amtrak source.   From the original post, what I got, was an assumption being made by a new employee.

I can also envision that some (other) new employee being hopeful that his grandmother's, third cousin's, ex-husband's, new wife's, foster child, could fall under being a "dependent".  :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back