Amtrak website glitch

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was an annoying development.  I went to log in so I could check how far my AGR 2.O points would not take me.   After I signed in there was a pop up which prompted me to agree to the new terms and conditions.  I agreed.  And then was redirected back to the sign in page.  Then I was sent back to the main page to sign in.  Guess what happened?!! I signed in and had the exact same experience.  This is something that should never happen in this day in age.  I call it the website circle jerk.  

Had this problem too. Signed in to AGR website with no problems, but Amtrak.com doesn't seem to let me sign in.
Same. Amtrak.com won't let me in but AGR will and then I click on the link to amtrak.com from there and I can get in that way.

Worked fine for me...I just did it to check fares on 98 in July....too high on my date.   I'll keep checking until then, but will most likely fly...

I can only sign in from the iOS App. Still cannot sign in from the web page. I surmised that Amtrak did not want anyone to sign in from Asia or something. [emoji57] But maybe I should not ascribe to malice what can be explained by random incompetence.

This morning, I also get caught in the endless loop of new terms and conditions and log in. 

If I log in to my AGR account then go from there to Amtrak.com via the amtrak.com link at the top of the AGR page, I'm logged into amtrak.com without any problems.

Another anomaly I've noticed is that the System Timetables (the pdf with all of the individual timetables and other information) is no longer available.  It was available two days ago.  After eliminating the printed paper version I'm guessing some bean counter decided even the PDF version was too costly to keep updated.

<sigh>

The website worked fine for me - although it does not list the second of two trips that I have booked.  The app still lists the trip so I'm not too worried about it.

Another anomaly I've noticed is that the System Timetables (the pdf with all of the individual timetables and other information) is no longer available.  It was available two days ago.  After eliminating the printed paper version I'm guessing some bean counter decided even the PDF version was too costly to keep updated.

<sigh>
That is such BS! :angry2: :angry:

When you sign in, modify an existing reservation or attempt to purchase a ticket, you are being prompted to acknowledge the new terms and agreements, including the new binding arbitration agreement.

It comes with a click box that you check:

I have read and agree to terms and conditions including the binding arbitration agreement.'

PRR60 posted a thread about it.

<sigh>
It is not a glitch. It has been removed from the website.

Does the system timetable have any actual benefit compared to the individual route timetables?
The obvious answer is that it’s easier to have everything in one place if you are looking at multiple timetables.  There is a convenience factor.  

It’s not a huge loss for me, though.  

I have a feeling that it may just be a broken link.  We shall see.  

The obvious answer is that it’s easier to have everything in one place if you are looking at multiple timetables.  There is a convenience factor.  
I personally disagree. Isn't going between multiple timetables in a massive PDF a bit more difficult than just having a list of different PDFs with the different timetables?

And BTW:

I have a feeling that it may just be a broken link.  We shall see.  
It is not a glitch. It has been removed from the website.

Isn't going between multiple timetables in a massive PDF a bit more difficult than just having a list of different PDFs with the different timetables?
Assuming it’s a searchable PDF, no.  Not for me, at least.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Back