What happened to 95 today (1/7/19)?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anderson

Engineer
What it says on the tin.  For some reason, 95 was down two hours at departure from BOS.

(I have already switched to 125 dot-dot. I really did not feel like sitting around Alexandria for two extra hours so I could grab a train that was probably going to get stabbed by CSX anyway.)

https://www.providencejournal.com/news/20190107/providence-police-id-man-who-died-after-car-crashed-onto-train-tracks

According to Providence Police Lt. John K. Ryan, a car traveling on Dike Street at a high rate of speed crashed through two fences and vaulted onto the tracks at about 4:30 a.m. The driver was alone in the car.

The crash disrupted train service.

The car, which came to rest on its roof, was removed from the tracks before 8 a.m.
Aside from the gentleman losing his life, it impacted 66(6), 2151(7), 2153(7),2155(7) and 95(7). He must have been moving fast to knock down a cat pole.

Ouch.  Good call on Amtrak holding the train(s) at BOS.  Sounds like a doozy of a crash, too.

Thanks for the info.  My first instinct was an equipment problem, but this...well, it was entirely not on Amtrak (which is a strange relief).

Back