Dinner on Silver meteor

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

margo

Lead Service Attendant
We are scheduled to depart from Savannah to Washington on the Silver Meteor at 7:30 pm.  We have a room.  Will dinner be served after we board?  Thank you.

If the train is on time, you can expect to get dinner. If the train is late, you may not (depending on how late it is). 

When I took this same trip 5 years ago we were delayed maybe an hour or two but they specifically kept the diner open just for us, they said. Hopefully your results wont vary.

Is it okay to tack a similar question onto this thread? 

I'm boarding the Meteor on Saturday in Orlando, around 1:30 PM, in a roomette. Can I assume lunch will not have passed me by yet? 

You should get Lunch if the Train is even close to "On Time".

Several of our Members are frequent riders on the Meteor and I have had Lunch Served as Late as 230pm when the Meteor was Running Late into Orlando.

Is it okay to tack a similar question onto this thread? 

I'm boarding the Meteor on Saturday in Orlando, around 1:30 PM, in a roomette. Can I assume lunch will not have passed me by yet? 
I agree with Bob Dylan.  I board in Orlando quite often and rarely have missed lunch.  As an aside, if you are in Orlando on Saturday morning, please note that some streets will be closed downtown for the "Orlando Citrus Parade" fka Citrus Bowl Parade. 

Quite often I can hear the Silvers pass through Orlando from my condo (which can be seen from the tracks if you look east at the right time).  I will wave if I hear you. 

We ride the Meteor frequently and on the way south, usually have our lunch after we leave Orlando. I suppose if the train were super late , the story may differ.

I agree with Bob Dylan.  I board in Orlando quite often and rarely have missed lunch.  As an aside, if you are in Orlando on Saturday morning, please note that some streets will be closed downtown for the "Orlando Citrus Parade" fka Citrus Bowl Parade. 

Quite often I can hear the Silvers pass through Orlando from my condo (which can be seen from the tracks if you look east at the right time).  I will wave if I hear you. 
I'll wave back.  :)

I'm getting on via a Thruway bus from Port Charlotte, so I won't actually be in Orlando. Just passin' through from the bus to the train.  :)

Glad to hear I might actually get lunch.

I'll wave back.  :)

I'm getting on via a Thruway bus from Port Charlotte, so I won't actually be in Orlando. Just passin' through from the bus to the train.  :)

Glad to hear I might actually get lunch.
I just heard your train and "waved."  I hope you enjoy your lunch and the rest of your trip.

I just heard your train and "waved."  I hope you enjoy your lunch and the rest of your trip.
We did get lunch, and I made a new friend.  :) It was a bit muggy standing outside waiting for the train (they made us line up along the track about 10-15 minutes before the train showed up), but otherwise still lovely to be in warm weather. (Now I'm home in Pittsburgh where it's been much colder and dreary.)

Back