Crescent #19 into New Orleans poor performance

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim49424

Engineer
Why is this train so chronically late? Track work along the route? I’ll be riding it tomorrow (12/16) arriving Monday and am curious.

Third Rail  today is another cluster ____   # 19 lost another hour CLT - ATL and has lost another 2 Hours at least to Anniston.  Will be at least 4 hours late Anniston.  Some of the delay about 1 hour due to CSX freight train interference at Howell CP.

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading that thread, it’s no wonder there’s no Facebook group for the Crescent. Not much to talk about other than the horrible timekeeping. Who would want to discuss that on a daily basis?

I searched for a page and I got nothing. Weird.

EDIT: I searched just now and couldn’t find it.
I'm just typing Amtrak Crescent into the Facebook search box and that group is the first thing that shows up. Maybe it's a difference in cookies or something.

Hmmm...that link takes me right to the Amtrak Crescent FB page! If you search for "Amtrak Crescent", the link is a bit down the list just before "Photos".
I just tried that to no avail. I’m beginning to think Facebook doesn’t want me to find this group.

Somebody created a different (?) one a couple months ago and I joined then all of a sudden it disappeared.

I’m hoping these aren’t bad omens for when I board tomorrow.

I just tried that to no avail. I’m beginning to think Facebook doesn’t want me to find this group.

Somebody created a different (?) one a couple months ago and I joined then all of a sudden it disappeared.

I’m hoping these aren’t bad omens for when I board tomorrow.
I haven't been to that FB page until today. The link works both in Chrome and Edge and my Android phone. The newest post is dated December 5.

I haven't been to that FB page until today. The link works both in Chrome and Edge and my Android phone. The newest post is dated December 5.
I am on the Cardinal right now and using my iPad which has Safari. However, I was having problems on my laptop which I use Chrome and couldn’t find the group.

Here is a link just scroll down till you find the train you want.  Tonight appears Crescent hit a vehicle just south of BHM station and as of now 8+ hours late !

httpps://twitter.com/amtrakalerts 

20 (16) left -4'15" and is now operating -5'20" at BHM.  19(16) is -20" at CLP.  Hopefully, 19 won't take a batch, waiting for 20(16) somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
19 actually arrived into New Orleans 56 minutes late tonight! I will do a happy dance if we get there in that “quick” a manner tomorrow night. I’m on board now as we left Lynchburg VA 35 minutes down.

We’ve not arrived at Peachtree yet as we have been waiting on freight to clear for about an hour. I’m thinking we’re about 10 minutes out from the station but not being familiar with the area, I’m not exactly sure.

Amtrak app says departure is set for 10:30. I’m sure your prediction is closer to true.

Update: We arrived at 9:55, 1 hour 42 minutes late. We were stopped only a mile or so from Peachtree.

Departed 10:55.

19 actually arrived into New Orleans 56 minutes late tonight! I will do a happy dance if we get there in that “quick” a manner tomorrow night.
I see the fight does not go well. I guess we won't get to see your happy dance.

I see the fight does not go well. I guess we won't get to see your happy dance.
Nope, but it’s not that I wasn’t warned. We’re now in Hattiesburg with another three hours or so to go. I’ll have to do my exhausted dance if not too tired to dance. The cloud does have a silver lining in that we got full dinner service tonight. I wasn’t excited about this so called express dinner that my sleeper car attendant Arthur said was going to be served, whatever that consisted of.

Back