Viewliner Roomette Toilets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carjaq

Train Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Hello,

There will be two of us traveling in a roomette on the Lake Shore Limited. Is there a toilet in the sleeping car in addition to the ones in the rooms? I can't tell from the floor plan on the Amtrak website. We'd rather not be that "together" in our roomette and use one down the hall. I've only been in a roomette on a Superliner before.

Thank you,

carjaq

Back to toilets, Steve, I do not think the lounge cars used on the Star and Meteor (LSL may be different, but I doubt it) have public toilets. I can’t count how many times I have heard an attendant tell a sleeper passenger that the closest public toilet is in the coach past the cafe car. 

Back to toilets, Steve, I do not think the lounge cars used on the Star and Meteor (LSL may be different, but I doubt it) have public toilets. I can’t count how many times I have heard an attendant tell a sleeper passenger that the closest public toilet is in the coach past the cafe car. 
That's what I thought. :huh:  The lounge car on the LSL may actually be different though, because it's an AM-I Business/Cafe, and not an AM-II Lounge like the Star, Meteor, or Crescent.

Last edited by a moderator:
The LSL normally uses a split AM1, the other LD single levels normally use AM-2. I have AM1 floorplans, and AM2 coach, but not lounge. I sort of remember the AM2 lounges losing theirs during the conversion process involving the smoking lounges and then diner lite, but am by no means certain. Since the OP is traveling LSL it should be a split AM1 I believe there is a RR.

Good to know. Keep in mind that I don't ride the LD stuff much. But one of the last times I remember the lounge did have a restroom. But thinking about it now I think they replaced it with that office that no one uses. 

I'm just curious as to why you don't recommend this. I have done this myself and it's perfect. 
Well it depends...in my case it was an overweight, very large suitcase that was somewhat difficult for the attendant to heft up there.    I felt guilty about it, so took it down myself when it was time to leave....

That makes sense. I rarely take anything super big or super heavy. :)  
I was returning to New York from a 15 night cruise to New Orleans... ;)

Since I wasn't flying either way, I wasn't at all concerned with the size or weight...

Really? Even the Amfleet II lounges? Because I would have sworn this had come up before, and multiple members had told me that the Amfleet II lounges don't have restrooms...
Considering I've used them... :)  
I just sort of remembered that the train I'm on in four days has an AM-II Lounge, so I'll report back then. Maybe I'll even make a floorpan since there don't seem to be any out there.  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The AM 2 lounges have undergone changes over time. I've ridden in the when they had the disgusting gas chambers, as the temp diner on the lake, and more recently  as the cafe/lounge on the silvers and the crescent. I just can't recall the rr situation, I always had them available in the sleepers...

Back