Getting To Papermill Playhouse

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did google it and saw that it's a half mile or so.  I was more concerned about whether there were sidewalks and is the area safe.

As to how is this rail related - this forum is entitled  "Commuter Rail and Rail Transit Discussion".  I thought that since I would be riding NJ Transit from NYP to Millburn to get to the Playhouse, the use of the commuter rail system would allow me to post my query here.  Or did you suppose I would take a taxi to Millburn station or drive there, and from there need to get to the Playhouse?  I'm sorry if I didn't explicitly explain all of the events which would lead up to the point of my query.

jb

I did google it and saw that it's a half mile or so.  I was more concerned about whether there were sidewalks and is the area safe.

As to how is this rail related - this forum is entitled  "Commuter Rail and Rail Transit Discussion".  I thought that since I would be riding NJ Transit from NYP to Millburn to get to the Playhouse, the use of the commuter rail system would allow me to post my query here.  Or did you suppose I would take a taxi to Millburn station or drive there, and from there need to get to the Playhouse?  I'm sorry if I didn't explicitly explain all of the events which would lead up to the point of my query.

jb
It should be walkable and the neighborhood quite safe. Very  well to do neighborhood.   I did a daily commute on that very route of travel.  

Last edited by a moderator:
It might also be worth noting that "2400 feet on flat ground with sidewalks on a summer evening" is not the same as "2400 feet on a steep incline one way or the other with no sidewalks and crossing a major street with no crosswalks or signal protection in December".

Back