FRA list of Passenger Carriers at Risk of Missing Deadline

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jis

Permanent Way Inspector
Staff member
Administator
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
Here is FRA's latest status report on the Five Carriers it considers to be at risk of missing the December 31 deadline:

https://www.fra.dot.gov/Media/File/1326

Apparently Amtrak has been a little behind in getting all the hardware installed on the Empire Corridor, or something like that.

It is good to see that several of the outfits that were causing a scare, like MNRR, SFRTA (Tri-Rail), CFRC (SunRail), FECR (FEC and Brightline) etc. are not on the "at risk" list anymore.

Oddly NMRX (Rail Runner) is not to be found on FRA's PTC Dashboard list either leaving one wondering what the heck is going on in Albuquerque.

I wouldn't worry about Caltrain or Cap Metro; they can always discontinue freight service until they get things up and running.  I do wonder what the heck is going on with RailRunner, though.

NJT and ACE are definitely having trouble meeting the deadline... :-(

This is the last news from RailRunner:

https://www.progressiverailroading.com/ptc/news/New-Mexico-Rail-Runner-nets-30-million-from-feds-for-PTC--55421

Maybe they're moving really, really fast on installation?  I believe they had their PTC plan all prepared, they just had no money to actually implement anything until August.

Poor Denver is probably going to have to shutter all their grade crossings due to sheer idiocy at the government, which is demanding that the gates be down for shorter times so that impatient motorists can speed faster.  They should just close the roads which cross the railroad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Back