Amtrak Black Friday

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JiveBunny

Hello! I need to book a ticket from Boston to Portland, ME in March. According to the Black Friday sale T+Cs, I should get discounted tickets, but the prices are the same as when I checked a few weeks back. What's going on? Can anyone shed any light on this?

I take it you've checked the terms and conditions to make sure your itinerary is valid for this?

Offer is exclusively available at www.Amtrak.com. Valid for sale November 23 – 26, 2018. Valid for travel January 7 – April 30, 2019. Valid for travel on all service except Pennsylvanian and Keystone Service locally between PHL - HAR, Capitol Corridor, Hiawatha, Pacific Surfliner, San Joaquin and 7000 – 8999 Thruways. Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all trains at all times. Fares are subject to availability. The discounted one-way fares are valid for all adult passengers; no additional discounts apply. Valid for coach seats only; no business class upgrades permitted.  Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable. Exchanges are permitted within the ticket validity period, a 25 percent cancellation fee applies. Not combinable with any other discount offer. In additon to the discount restrictions, this offer is subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased. Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice. Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted. Other restrictions may apply.

Essentially, all they are 'really' advertising is the normal 'saver' fare which is 30% lower than the 'value' fare.  The saver fare stops being offered within 2 weeks of the travel date and/or may be sold out for some trains.

Essentially, all they are 'really' advertising is the normal 'saver' fare which is 30% lower than the 'value' fare.  The saver fare stops being offered within 2 weeks of the travel date and/or may be sold out for some trains.
Nope, some fares are on sale for less than usual, ex. NYP to WAS is usually $49 low bucket on a Regional, and during this sale it's $39.

As daybeers said, you are incorrect. The Track Friday offer is cheaper than the Saver fare, has more restrictions, and offers a worse refund policy. So it's a different thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stand corrected.  cpotisch noted the more restrictive policy on those fares as well.  Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back