TE No. 21 over 10 hr late 11/20/18

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pere Flyer

Lead Service Attendant
Looks like Texas Eagle No. 21 lost 2 hours between STL and Arcadia, Mo., and 5 1/2 hours between Walnut Ridge, Ark., and Little Rock. Any word on the cause?

A friend of mine, who has taken trains overseas but has traveled Amtrak seldom, took the Flyer to FTW today en route to Austin and is waiting for No. 21 to arrive, currently 10 hr 58 min late at Longview. [emoji33]

I’m not sure about the first delay, but the second was a broken rail and the third they report as freight train congestion. At least that’s just what Amtrak is tweeting. And it’s currently over 12 hours late, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they annul it in FTW. 

22 is already down 5 hours leaving San Marcos. When the TE's pax numbers are released, the decrease in  ridership will not be due lack of "eating options".

Yeah, I’m ticketed for 421 today FTW-SAS and thankful it’s “only” an hour late into Fort Worth and “only” 26 minutes late on departure.

Back