Station stop time in Grand Junction

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert

Several years ago, the California Zephyr eastbound would nearly always stop in the station at Grand Junction CO for at least 15 minutes (average). Is this still the case? Enough time to get some pictures of the old station and the area?

I'm looking at the CZ timetable and Grand Junction isn't listed as having separate departure and arrival times, so at minimum, it must not be a particularly long fresh air stop...

I'm looking at the CZ timetable and Grand Junction isn't listed as having separate departure and arrival times, so at minimum, it must not be a particularly long fresh air stop...
From this map, it is a crew change...

Amtrak Crew Districts.jpg

Amtrak status has lay over west bound 12 minutes and 13 eastbound.  Noticed even though EB 2+ hour late lay over was 13 minutes 

There is a small shop within the newer station building. I have always had time to buy and eat an ice cream there before we set off again...

The nice original old station building was for sale several years ago, not sure if it still exists

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back