Companion Coupons or Upgrades

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!  I'm new to the train side of traveling.  I've final got my husband slightly on board.  If anyone has any companion coupons or upgrades I could dangle in his face to make this trip appeasing to him,  your help would be greatly appreciated. I mean he couldn't say no if I had a companion Coupon or upgrade right? LOL  

Last edited by a moderator:
Southwest Chief, from Kansas City to LA!
Yeah so upgrade coupons won't work for that. They are only valid for upgrades from Coach to Business Class, or from Acela Business Class to Acela First Class, neither of which are available on the Chief. And since I take it you were planning on using it to upgrade from coach to a sleeper on the Chief, you should know that companion coupons don't work for sleeper travel anyway. So yeah, those coupons would not be of any help whatsoever for that trip.  :(

Toya doesn't state whether she and her hubby would be traveling coach or sleeper.  As mentioned above, one can't upgrade into a sleeper, nor do they accept companion coupons for sleepers (THAT makes no sense to me at all as the sleeper fare is calculated as coach + accomodation charge).

But if you're traveling coach, then, by all means, use a companion coupon if anyone has any available when you book it and will transfer one to you.  For what it's worth, the next thread down where I offered 10 companion coupons has someone else that is offering 4 coupons that expire at the end of December.

To acquaint you with the companion coupons and their uses, here's a screen print of one of mine that I've already transferred to another AU participant.

Amtrak Companion Coupon Image.jpg

But if you're traveling coach, then, by all means, use a companion coupon if anyone has any available when you book it and will transfer one to you.  For what it's worth, the next thread down where I offered 10 companion coupons has someone else that is offering 4 coupons that expire at the end of December.
Yes, but the fact that she clearly wanted to use the upgrade coupon to upgrade from coach to a sleeper tells me that she intends on taking the trip in a sleeper...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back