Checked bags at NY Penn Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious, how do checked bags make it downstairs to the tracks at penn station? I know there's not a lot of LD service but on the trains that do have checked bags, how does it make it down there?

Lake Shore, Crescent, both Silvers, Cardinal, Palmetto, Carolinian, and the NEC overnights is a pretty good number of trains with baggage service.
Yeah I was gonna say. That equates to 16-18 trains per day with checked baggage, though I guess everything but the overnight Regionals terminate here so therefore only load or only unload bags at NYP. Still a lot though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I was gonna say. That equates to 16-18 trains per day with checked baggage, though I guess everything but the overnight Regionals either terminate here so therefore only load or only unload bags at NYP. Still a lot though.
66 and 67.  The 66 does have a 1-hour layover at NYP, though.  Not sure about the 67.

If you are concerned about whether the luggage will make it to your train, fear not, from my experience.  My luggage was waiting for me in New Orleans after disembarking the Crescent when I embarked at New York.

Thanks everyone..but my question was really how does it get to and from the train at penn station...is there a special elevator on the tracks for bags?

Thanks guys...it was just something i always wondered..ive never seen any elevators on the platforms the few times ive been to NYP.

Back