Schedule Changes Still NOT Posted

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acela150

Super Buff
According to ARROW the schedule changes in the NEC go into effect Monday. Track work should wrap up by the end of this week. 

With that being said Amtrak has still NOT posted the new timetables on their website, but has posted the Thanksgiving schedules. 

I did notice that once Joe Boardman left this became an issue. So this isn't one to blame on Mr. Anderson, no matter what we think of him. 

The Cardinal returns to NYP tomorrow so I assume the timetables (which currently show it as suspended north of WAS) will be changed accordingly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't expect that the online timetables at Amtrak 'keep up' with reality.   However, when making an online reservation, I'm quite sure they do keep them up to date for each 'A to B' pair.  But I wouldn't bet on it.

Once upon a time - just a few years ago - Amtrak would post new timetables as 'effective mm/dd/yy' on  their website just below the currently in effect timetables.  Within a day or so of the new effective timetables, the old ones were gone.  I'll take a wild guess that when Amtrak ended all paper timetables, they also ended the employment of nearly all employees whose job was to create them.  So now, I suspect there's maybe 1 full time person to create PDFs of the new/near future timetables. 

Yeaaaah, this is unacceptable.  I'd suggest certified mail letters directly to Anderson and the Board of Directors, pointing out that this is unacceptable.

There are bus services which I don't even consider using because they don't have published timetables.  An online reservation search system is not a substitute.  Amtrak could very effectively chase away a large number of passengers by failing to publish timetables.

Back