2019 Amtrak Calendar?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As per the Amtrak store...

Thank you for reaching out to the Amtrak customer service desk regarding Amtrak 2019 calendars. This item will become available the end of November, please check the website at that time for availability and ordering.

The 2019 calendar will be similar to what is pictured above. I emailed with a representative of Amtrak marketing a few months ago and he stated the traditional type of monthly calendar, like was available in the past, was not profitable and they decided to discontinue it for 2017 with no plan on bringing it back.

Unfortunately the multipage old style calendar is now much harder to sell since many of us get endless supplies of them from so many different organizations looking for donations, and some of them are pretty high quality., I think people have gotten calendar (and greeting card) overload.

PVD said:
Unfortunately the multipage old style calendar is now much harder to sell since many of us get endless supplies of them from so many different organizations looking for donations, and some of them are pretty high quality., I think people have gotten calendar (and greeting card) overload.
Then how many people have a need for a physical calendar? A digital calendar that can easily be shared with my family to keep track of my rather hectic schedule is much more convenient./monthly_2018_11/Screenshot_20181106-182514_Calendar.thumb.jpeg.3a9a76cec6855459274694eff700dcd2.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181106-182514_Calendar.jpeg
    Screenshot_20181106-182514_Calendar.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
Then how many people have a need for a physical calendar? A digital calendar that can easily be shared with my family to keep track of my rather hectic schedule is much more convenient./monthly_2018_11/Screenshot_20181106-182514_Calendar.thumb.jpeg.3a9a76cec6855459274694eff700dcd2.jpeg 
It’s much easier for me to look up at my wall calendar from bed or when I’m walking to the bathroom to see if there’s a post-it reminder than grab my phone and open an app.
default_wink.png

I like the great pictures every month. Think of the pictures which could be featured each month - trains/scenery etc.

Then how many people have a need for a physical calendar? A digital calendar that can easily be shared with my family to keep track of my rather hectic schedule is much more convenient.
^ This is the most relevant answer IMO.  Today people have dynamic digital calendars.  Personal calendars, work calendars, and group calendars that combine into one universal schedule that automatically adjusts to different locations across numerous devices.  Try using a conventional paper calendar to keep up with several different schedules across numerous time zones at a 15 minute beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, at least I no longer have much use for a wall or desk calendar, or a Rolodex, for that matter.

Add to everything else scheduled travel across multiple timezones, and the static nature of traditional calendars become an outright confusing hindrance rather than help.

The important (to me) part of my original question was "Amtrak" much more so than "calendar".  I should have been more clear.  As many have pointed out, we all have calendars galore available on our phones and laptops.  I was hoping to find a month-by-month calendar with 12 different pictures of Amtrak trains.  The calendar kiosk at the local mall has several nice train themed calendars with a different train photo for each month, but only 1, perhaps 2, are photos of Amtrak trains.

I would certainly purchase a 12-page, 12-month Amtrak wall calendar. The one pictured above is a one-page 12-month calendar albeit 24x36 and a bit large for a cubicle.

I have a large-print, book format calendar that opens to show each month on two pages.

I keep my whole life in that--travel, personal, and tasks.

I am happy to coordinate with friends and relatives by phone or email, but I have no wish to ever coordinate digitally with the entire universe, thank you.

However, as for print calendars, I do remember some gorgeous ones put out by NS--I received them as gifts and put them on the wall just to look at the lovely photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arizona Highways puts out a calendar each year with stunningly beautiful photos.

Back