Minor Issue (re points for shopping)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyTrain

Train Attendant
I have the Mastercard from AGR, but I don't want to overuse it. I decided to take a look at the Points for Shopping and found a few retailers that I could use. Just after placing my first order with one of them, I received an email from Amtrak regarding pending points. I have yet to receive those points, even though I received my order. My question is, how long does it take Amtrak to respond to a query about my missing points if I submitted the request through their website?

The delay is generally due to the time the vendor allows returns. Vendors often do not authorize the points until the time for returning the product purchased has expired (usually at least 30 days).

Thanks. That makes complete sense.
default_smile.png

Although, it depends on the program.

For example - You order something from say Staples or WalMart. If you order thru AGR, it takes 60 days to post. If you order thru AA or DL, they post when the item is shipped - usually within 3 days. I just ordered from Macys via AA. It posted to my account already, I should receive the package from UPS next week.

It makes no sense!

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason lately I've been having a lot of trouble even getting pending points to show up. I know how to use the AGR shopping portal, and have used it for several years, but lately nothing is working right. I've had to request missing points over and over again. It seems to be unique to my computer, but am not sure why. It's too bad, because those points can really add up!

For some reason lately I've been having a lot of trouble even getting pending points to show up. I know how to use the AGR shopping portal, and have used it for several years, but lately nothing is working right. I've had to request missing points over and over again. It seems to be unique to my computer, but am not sure why. It's too bad, because those points can really add up!
Sre you're not clearing cookies or opening the site of the vendor in a private window or a new private tab? That will do it.

Back