Thank you AU

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpotisch

Engineer
Hello everyone! Today marks one year since I first posted on Amtrak Unlimited, and I just want to say how much I appreciate all of you for help me over this past year. I know that I'm not the easiest person to put up with and be patient with, especially when I'm asking too many questions or posting too much, so I really do appreciate the fact that almost all of you have been so friendly and welcoming to me all along.

I first joined AU September last year, merely wanting advice for my upcoming first ever coast to coast train trip - the Texas Eagle/Sunset Limited from Pomona to Chicago connecting to the Lake Shore Limited from Chicago to NYP. Shortly after joining, I posted a few threads with a few questions about this trip, but below is my first one ever, in the "Views from Texas Eagle" thread:

Hello everybody!
I just booked a February trip with my dad from Pomona to New York City via Eagle #422 and LSL #48. I was wondering what the best scenery will be on the Sunset/Eagle so I know when to be in the SSL or bottom bunk of our roomette (for the window). Obviously the Eagle is not Amtrak's prettiest train, but I've been wanting to take it for a while and know that it's not all ugly.
Thanks in advance for your help!
This trip is also why I chose a shot of the Texas Eagle passing through Dallas for my profile picture.

TexasEagleDallasTX-e1523412144292.jpg

I couldn't possibly imagine when I first joined Amtrak Unlimited that it would become such a huge part of my life, and though that train trip ended seven months ago, I still come here basically every day. So I really just want to say, thank you everyone for making this community so amazing and so important to me.

TLDR: Thanks guys!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Asking too many questions? No, one cannot do so. Regardless of one's age and experiences, one is never too old to learn. And, as a former educator, I had more respect for my students who did ask questions. And, even more respect for those whose questions caused me to spend time doing research and learning more myself.

Asking too many questions? No, one cannot do so. Regardless of one's age and experiences, one is never too old to learn. And, as a former educator, I had more respect for my students who did ask questions. And, even more respect for those whose questions caused me to spend time doing research and learning more myself.
Intelligence promotes curiosity which can lead to wisdom when nurtured with knowledge.

I agree with everyone else above--it is wonderful to have you on AU.
default_smile.png
You are a bright young man, willing and eager to learn, and questions are always fine. And on here, you have some of the finest teachers of the train world. Also, you will eventually find the best balance of posting--it takes a while. (I am still not particularly good at it--I just figure if no one answers me, they aren't reading what I wrote, and I am just talking to myself!
default_tongue.png
)

(I hope you and your guest will be doing the Saturday activities--it's the only day I can come, and I am looking forward to meeting you in person!
default_smile.png
)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back