Amtrak Texas Eagle - Fort Worth stop and station tour - video

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jet Peddler

Train Attendant
A little video tour I put together from a recent trip on the Amtrak Texas Eagle that took me through Fort Worth.

Thought you guys might like it.

JP

Wow, that's spooky. Google quietly added your channel to my recommendations list just before you started posting here. It may not be fancy but I actually like the FTW station myself. If you're in a rush you can often grab something to go and if you have time you can walk to other restaurants, bars, and shops.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed the Fort Worth stop. As I was traveling by sleeper, I had no reason to grab any food at the station although Subway did tempt me.

We were only there for 15 minutes, otherwise the video would have been a bit more comprehensive.

Wow, that's spooky. Google quietly added your channel to my recommendations list just before you started posting here. It may not be fancy but I actually like the FTW station myself. If you're in a rush you can often grab something to go and if you have time you can walk to other restaurants, bars, and shops.
It is a bit spooky! What's that they say about big brother? Feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel DA(The Least Interesting Man in the World), it's not exclusively trains/Amtrak by any means but I've got a number of those videos with more to come.

I wander how the Genesis locomtives based at FTW get their monthly or quarterly maintenance? BNSF? UP? It's essentially a DASH 8 in a fancy body.

Nice video.

The FTW Station is very efficient and heavily used!( Greyhound,Amtrak,Local Buses,TRE)

At one time there were 5 Rail Roads running into FTW to the 2 Stations that are both within Walking distance of the current Station.

The Old Union Station (Katy now a Private Party Venue)/Santa Fe Station and Freight Depot( Community College) is next door.( Amtrak stopped there until the current Station was built)

The Old T&P Station on the UP Main line between Dallas and West Texas ( looks like a Church on the outside) is now Fancy Condos Upstairs and the Lobby and Platform are used as the Terminal for TRE.

Next door is very nice Old Rail Post Office and,Freight Buildings.Worth a look during a Layover or Trip to FTW!

Edited to Clarify Station info! Thanks Twin Star Rocket!

I’d like to add a couple of things about the FTW station. One, the panels that you showed near the entrance from the tracks give a short version of Fort Worth’s black history. Two, inset in the floor near the front entrance, there is a map of downtown Fort Worth.

In living memory there have only been two passenger depots in Ft. Worth: the T&P depot (built 1931) and the Union Station (built 1899). The latter one is better known as the Santa Fe depot. Any other depots were freight depots.

Thanks for an interesting and well done video! As one who is considering a visit to Fort Worth to connect to the Heartland Flyer, seeing the station helps. It looks like a very nicely built station.

Back