Paul McCartney at Grand Central Terminal Today

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaboard92

Engineer
Watching The Tonight show with Jimmy Fallon tonight Sir Paul announced a secret concert on 9/7 in New York. When asked about where it is and when. He said his new album is Egyptian Station should serve as a clue. And it'll be a Grand time. Which tells me it's Grand Central. And he said it's going to be an eight o clock live stream.

What am I doing now. Trying to figure out how to get to New York last minute.

Shame it's not Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones, now they would create a head of steam at Grand Central!
default_biggrin.png

Ed.

In Central Park, just West of the Metropolitan Museum Art (which has the Temple of Dendur exhibit and an extensive Egyptian collection) stands "Cleopatra's Needle" one of the ancient Egyptian obelisks. Central Park is a known concert venue. Another possibility. Almost as much fun as speculating when Viewliner 2 sleepers will show up. Well, we will know a heck of a lot sooner......

Why does it have to be a secret? Is it a publicity stunt?
default_unsure.png

Reminds me of when Taylor Swift got a place in Rhode Island, away from the crowds, so she could go somewhere for a peaceful rest. Then promptly tweeted all her fans that she would be just down the road at the ice cream shop in Mystic at 2:00 that afternoon.
default_tongue.png

It's not a great night for a concert tonight, though, anyway. Everyone will, of course, be at the high point of the social season: the Phillies/Mets game!
default_mosking.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I really regret that I couldn't make it to that. That looked amazingly fun. Reminded me a lot of the first time I saw him live and the most recent.

Here is a photo I took on my camera when he was in Columbia, SC in 2015.

ImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1536373429.748755.jpg

Back