Double Days (Sept. 17, 2018 - Nov. 17, 2018)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennyk

Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
I received this by email today

Earn 2X the points Sept. 17 – Nov. 17
Traveling on Amtrak® this fall is worth double the points during Double Days®. As a Select Executive member, you're already registered for this special promotion. Just travel September 17 – November 17 to enjoy 2x the points toward great rewards like Amtrak travel, upgrades, hotels and more.

I is only a lonely peon!
default_sad.png

But if you log into your AGR account, I had it on mine and clicked to register!
default_smile.png

I'll probably get the email when I get home...but good to hear this has popped back up. I've got at least one, possibly two major trips in that timeframe...so I should draw a nice pot of points out of it.

I received it by email as well, and I'm also a lowely peon. A registered peon, though!
Hrm, I'm in the register-yourself-you-nobody crowd and I couldn't find the e-mail, so I guess I should check which addy the marketing messages are supposed to be going to.

Got mine and registered......I have a trip on the 25th from Holland, MI to SEA and back.....plenty of doubled points there!

I'm registered. I'm traveling round trip on both the Southwest Chief Chicago to Los Angeles and the California Zephyr Chicago to Emeryville late October to early November and was sure to PAY for these trips hoping for the double rewards points. Also I need these trips to re-qualify for Select status and they will take care of that although this is not a double tier credits offer.

When I try to register, I get an error before the web page loads.

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: [20-digit number].
Is this because I'm overseas?

The four months that Amtrak doubles the points is when I do most of my Amtrak travel. Using

Sent too soon. Using the AGR mastercard with 3X the points for Amtrak travel and double points its almost as good as AGR 1 where you got 100 points minimum.

Registered as soon as I received the email. Then received a second email today reminding me that the promotional travel period starts tomorrow.

I'm wondering, is it possible to book a trip that falls under double days, get the extra points, and then modify the reservation to a later date that won't fall under double days? Is the system sophisticated enough to catch that and "take back" half the points?

I'm wondering, is it possible to book a trip that falls under double days, get the extra points, and then modify the reservation to a later date that won't fall under double days? Is the system sophisticated enough to catch that and "take back" half the points?
That's not possible. The points aren't issued until after travel, and I believe the ticket has to be lifted in order for points to post.

That's not possible. The points aren't issued until after travel, and I believe the ticket has to be lifted in order for points to post.
I see. So if Amtrak doesn't scan my ticket (which happens pretty often), I won't get points?

I see. So if Amtrak doesn't scan my ticket (which happens pretty often), I won't get points?
Tickets will often be lifted without being scanned, especially if you're traveling in sleeper. The attendant often just tells the conductor who's on and the conductor lifts tickets based on that.

Tickets will often be lifted without being scanned, especially if you're traveling in sleeper. The attendant often just tells the conductor who's on and the conductor lifts tickets based on that.
Thanks. I was starting to freak out because I'm pretty sure our ticket wasn't scanned in February when we took a Family Bedroom from Pomona to Chicago, followed by a Roomette to New York. That would have been a lot of points to miss out on...

Back