Seaboard92

Cheap Private Car Opportunity.

Just favorited this post. I’ll keep an eye out for future trips. Once did a positioning move on the caritas from Chicago to nyp back in the 90s.

Thanks to the generosity of Clark Johnson, then owner; myself and some friends got the opportunity to ride the Caritas from Limon to Denver in the '80's. A short, but sweet ride over rare mileage... :cool:

Car: Hollywood Beach

9/24: STL-CHI train No. 304

9/25: CHI-DEN Train No. 5

9/29: DEN-CHI Train No. 6

10/1: CHI-STL Train not specified

Cost:$2,500 for all legs

Reservations: onecniccat@prodigy.net

Food: Included

Note: The current Amtrak ticket price for this route is $999 in business and sleeper. This also includes all nights on the car in Denver so not a bad deal.

Looked like Hollywood Beach was on the end of Amtrak #5(25) running a couple hours late last night at Agency, Iowa.

Hollywood Beach is a beautiful car on the inside. I could definitely recommend anyone to charter it. I don't know the new owner but it's a remarkable car. It's not one of a kind however.

The Seaboard received three Sun Lounge cars for the Silver Meteor. One was scrapped after a fire gutted it by Amtrak. The other one I believe Palm Beach was the name survived and was last seen at Gateway Railcar a decade ago. Hollywood is now stored at Gateway between runs.

Hollywood Beach is a beautiful car on the inside. I could definitely recommend anyone to charter it. I don't know the new owner but it's a remarkable car. It's not one of a kind however.

The Seaboard received three Sun Lounge cars for the Silver Meteor. One was scrapped after a fire gutted it by Amtrak. The other one I believe Palm Beach was the name survived and was last seen at Gateway Railcar a decade ago. Hollywood is now stored at Gateway between runs.

This is the car we're talking about, right?

SunLoungeSB.jpg

I used to drool over that car, whenever my family sent Grandpa off to Florida for the winter, in the mid-fifties, from Pennsylvania Station, New York. I can still 'sense it', in my mind's eye, gleaming on the platform, with steam wafting up around it.... :)

I used to drool over that car, whenever my family sent Grandpa off to Florida for the winter, in the mid-fifties, from Pennsylvania Station, New York. I can still 'sense it', in my mind's eye, gleaming on the platform, with steam wafting up around it.... :)

If you want to ride it I can keep my eyes pealed for it. Opportunities arise on a regular basis.

Two different trips from Charlotte, NC to Washington, DC for the cherry blossoms. See the link for details. I'm on crew for this one which is my bias.

IMG_7557.JPG

The Dearing is making several trips this year from Savannah, GA to Washington, DC. Trips depart on 3/31, 4/12, and 7/2.

The cheapest rooms available are $800 per person for staying on board. For staying in a hotel makes it $1,300 double occupancy.

Other that the Dearing and the CP RHS nothing new to report.

I should have another here in a few days.

Braddock Inn and NYC 38 are going to Washington, DC. And if you ride I'm staffing both cars. So I'll be there.

IMG_7663.JPG

Next trip to announce.

Braddock Inn and NYC 38 going from Washington, DC to Williamsburg, VA on March 30th.

This trip however is not being run by the CP Huntington RHS like the Cherry Blossom. This one is my own trip. So if there are questions I will happily answer them in PM as I'm only posting the announcement here.

http://www.atlanticrailtours.com/

IMG_7649.JPG

14 hours ago, Seaboard92 said:

Next trip to announce.

Braddock Inn and NYC 38 going from Washington, DC to Williamsburg, VA on March 30th.

This trip however is not being run by the CP Huntington RHS like the Cherry Blossom. This one is my own trip. So if there are questions I will happily answer them in PM as I'm only posting the announcement here.

http://www.atlanticrailtours.com/

IMG_7649.JPG

This is round-trip?