Seaboard92

Cheap Private Car Opportunity.

Just favorited this post. I’ll keep an eye out for future trips. Once did a positioning move on the caritas from Chicago to nyp back in the 90s.

Thanks to the generosity of Clark Johnson, then owner; myself and some friends got the opportunity to ride the Caritas from Limon to Denver in the '80's. A short, but sweet ride over rare mileage... :cool:

Car: Hollywood Beach

9/24: STL-CHI train No. 304

9/25: CHI-DEN Train No. 5

9/29: DEN-CHI Train No. 6

10/1: CHI-STL Train not specified

Cost:$2,500 for all legs

Reservations: onecniccat@prodigy.net

Food: Included

Note: The current Amtrak ticket price for this route is $999 in business and sleeper. This also includes all nights on the car in Denver so not a bad deal.

Looked like Hollywood Beach was on the end of Amtrak #5(25) running a couple hours late last night at Agency, Iowa.

Hollywood Beach is a beautiful car on the inside. I could definitely recommend anyone to charter it. I don't know the new owner but it's a remarkable car. It's not one of a kind however.

The Seaboard received three Sun Lounge cars for the Silver Meteor. One was scrapped after a fire gutted it by Amtrak. The other one I believe Palm Beach was the name survived and was last seen at Gateway Railcar a decade ago. Hollywood is now stored at Gateway between runs.

Hollywood Beach is a beautiful car on the inside. I could definitely recommend anyone to charter it. I don't know the new owner but it's a remarkable car. It's not one of a kind however.

The Seaboard received three Sun Lounge cars for the Silver Meteor. One was scrapped after a fire gutted it by Amtrak. The other one I believe Palm Beach was the name survived and was last seen at Gateway Railcar a decade ago. Hollywood is now stored at Gateway between runs.

This is the car we're talking about, right?

SunLoungeSB.jpg

I used to drool over that car, whenever my family sent Grandpa off to Florida for the winter, in the mid-fifties, from Pennsylvania Station, New York. I can still 'sense it', in my mind's eye, gleaming on the platform, with steam wafting up around it.... :)

Hollywood Beach is continuing its journey now heading east on Amtrak #6(28).

Edited by Agent

I used to drool over that car, whenever my family sent Grandpa off to Florida for the winter, in the mid-fifties, from Pennsylvania Station, New York. I can still 'sense it', in my mind's eye, gleaming on the platform, with steam wafting up around it.... :)

If you want to ride it I can keep my eyes pealed for it. Opportunities arise on a regular basis.