Amtrak and Transit Data & Coding Meetup (Washington, DC)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acelafan

Conductor
My fault for not posting this earlier...but if you are in the DC area and interested in coding and visualizing data about Amtrak, transit or other rail, come to the Transportation Techies Meetup Thursday August 30! It is being held from 6pm to 9pm near Washington Union Station.

We'll be discussing Amtrak Status Maps, the ASM archive database (ASMAD), and the transitdocs Better Track-A-Train.

Should be a fun night for anyone interested in coding and transit/train/Amtrak data. Feel free to stop by!

cover.jpg

This looks awesome, I think I have an evening meeting already that evening. I would love to hear more about both of those projects.

Some may remember that I coded up a stand-alone tool that did much of the work that ASMAD does, but never made it to distributing anything other than the results. Was a fun project to code up.

Glad to hear there is some interest! I can ask about recording, but I know the local group really tries to encourage live participation.

It was a fun gathering last night, What was really eye-opening was the amount of effort Sunny put in to de-obfuscating the code from Amtrak's Track a Train and the feed it uses. It makes the final result that much more impressive.

Back