Amtrak on line website and computer system down?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

railpost

Service Attendant
For the last few nights I have been trying to get Amtrak on line however I am not able to get to their website.

It is still true at this moment around noon time.

The system usually tends to go down late at night however it was down yesterday (Wednesday 8/22/2018) earlier in the evening. It is also this morning at least on my computer. If you try the link from Google search a box appears that says "Down for maintenance".

I can understand this happening late at night in the early moring but it has been happening the last few days and as of short while ago it was stlll "down for maintenance".

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
For the last few nights I have been trying to get Amtrak on line however I am not able to get to their website.

The system usually tends to go down late at night however it was down yesterday (Wednesday 8/22/2018) earlier in the evening. It is also this morning at least on my computer. If you try the link from Google search a box appears that says "Down for maintenance".

I can understand this happening late at night in the early moring but it has been happening the last few days and as of short while ago it was stlll "down for maintenance".

Sometimes if you make too many searches at a time, that site gets "confused" and claims that it is down for maintenance. You've usually just got to reload the page or put the stations and date in again.

Sometimes if you make too many searches at a time, that site gets "confused" and claims that it is down for maintenance. You've usually just got to reload the page or put the stations and date in again.
The OP can’t get to the website so there’s no place to put the stations & date in.

Jis has the right answer - clear the cache.

I will try getting it online again as I just tried getting on less then an hour ago once and it came back with the Maintenance sign.It's been behaving that way on me the last few nights however this is the first time in day time it has happened.

The OP can’t access the website so where would s/he put the station & date?

Sorry. I was having an issue where the booking page told me it was "down for maintenance" when I searched for an itinerary, so I had thought the OP was having that issue, not that he couldn't get onto the site in the first place.

Back