Turnaround on points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rail_Gurlz

Train Attendant
I suspect the the answer to this is a big guffaw but thought I’d check.

If I were to get the Amtrak BofA card today, use it to purchase my outbound trip from Sac-Chi-Nyp-Brk. Is there any chance the 30000 bonus would land in time to purchase the return in another week or so?

And, the additional benefits of upgrade/lounge use?

I wouldn't try it!!!!
default_blink.png

If you do try it, be sure to let us know how it worked out!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect the the answer to this is a big guffaw but thought I’d check.

If I were to get the Amtrak BofA card today, use it to purchase my outbound trip from Sac-Chi-Nyp-Brk. Is there any chance the 30000 bonus would land in time to purchase the return in another week or so?

And, the additional benefits of upgrade/lounge use?
Points will not post until after the end of the billing cycle that you purchase the trip. Also your payment on the credit card must be done. In most cases it takes 2 billing cycles for your points to appear.

Points post either on the closing/bill date or the day after.

It's also shown on the bill. Just looked at my recent bill and it's now at the bottom in a big grey box with red lettering.

I pay it online just before the due date. Make the most of the float for what it may be worth, which usually is not much, unless it is a huge bill.

Mind you I schedule the payment pretty much as soon as I receive the bill electronically, but it is actually paid on the due date or a day before that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pay my main one's current balance the Saturdays after my paydays (get paid on 15th and last day of month). My other one, for the big bills, gets paid on the due date.

I don't believe 'PAYMENT" of the bill is a criteria. Only believe you need to charge and then be billed on your monthly billing date. For me, my points are usually posted within one day of the bill.

If, as indicated by one commenter, if the questioner already has the card applied for, the bonus offer is not applicable. Only new applicants can apply and get the bonus offer. Since I have both BOA cards, I am not eligible.

Ok, after reading *all* the various bits of fine print I learned the points would post well after our trip. So, not doing that just yet.

I’m going to keep an eye out for all y’alls generous offers of lounge or upgrade passes. :) this is a bucket list trip for both of us and covers both our birthdays (well, within two days for me).

Back