30,000 points problem ?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKA

OBS Chief
Got a welcome call from BOA today. Thanks for getting and using your AGR BOA credit card. Bla bla bla. Then the young lady talks about my 20,000 bonus points. I say you mean my 30,000 bonus points. No 20,000. No 30,000 I say. She will not confirm 30,000 bonus points. No way no how. I see no wat out. I call BOA later, I talk to a new young lady. Same story. I call AGR. I am told that this is a BOA promotion. Anyone get the 30,000 bonus points yet ?

This was a limited time offer. Did I miss something on the timing on the offer ? I got the card about two weeks ago.

That doesn't sound right. Everything I'm seeing says that the promotion is still there. I assume you reminded the lady at BOA that the $30K is part of a current promotion?

I ask botth ladies to go to the AGR web site and see with thier own eyes. I told them that it was a promotion on two web sites. I ask how they could not know about it. Its therein black and white. All to no avail.

I received my card & activated it less than 2 weeks ago. I never got a call from BOA but did receive mail, all confirming 30K pt Bonus.

Now you got me wondering as I threw away all their mail. Well, I'll know in a couple of weeks when I get to the $1000 mark & the points kick in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ad now says 20,000 - 30,000 bonus points. Just went to AGR site at 9:30 pm. Any ideas ! Perhaps your credit report, income ect. ?

Remember, it’s what was being offered at the time the OP applied, not what is offered now.
This is the only recent AGR card promo offering 30,000 points on sign-up. So I don't know how the OP could have gotten the 30,000 point figure without it being from this offer.

Wait and see I guess. Almost at the $ 1000 spend now.
Seriously, if they refuse to give you the full 30,000, regardless of who you to talk to at BOA, file a complaint. If they're doing that, they are doing explicit false advertising.

The more I think about this , it looks to me like both agents just did not care to do the homework. Like I said wait and see. My wife tells me I have others things to do. Like the honey do list. Over and out

I received and activated this card on 07/30 and on 07/31 paid my local Kia Service Center $2150. I haven't seen the 30,000 points in my AGR account yet but my closing date is listed as tomorrow 08/13 so guessing points may not get awarded until then. Soon as the statement appears in my BOFA account hoping the points will listed in the rewards summary.

He never got 20,000. He got a PHONE CALL that said he was OFFERED only 20,000.
Either way, isn't it that instead of 20,000 you'll get 30,000 with this offer? It's not like you're supposed to get (offered) 20,000 and later they give you the rest. You just get 30,000 points once you've spent $1,000 within 90 days of getting the card. That's what doesn't make sense here.

Also, if it were not a telemarketing call, why would he be OFFERED a bonus for SIGNING UP for the card if he already HAS the credit card that they want him to sign up for? It would seem that BOA would already know this.

I get junk mail offerings all the time to sign up for car insurance. How do I know it is junk mail?
default_huh.png
I voluntarily gave up driving over 5 years ago, and thus why would I need to insure my car or myself!

Also, if it were not a telemarketing call, why would he be OFFERED a bonus for SIGNING UP for the card if he already HAS the credit card that they want him to sign up for? It would seem that BOA would already know this.
He said:

Got a welcome call from BOA today. Thanks for getting and using your AGR BOA credit card. Bla bla bla. Then the young lady talks about my 20,000 bonus points. I say you mean my 30,000 bonus points.
That doesn't sound like junk mail. It sounds like BOA called him after getting the card, and they were convinced he was only getting 20,000 points.

Back