They're doing track work on the Red Line, no service btween NoMa and Ft Totten. That should mean normal service between Shady Grove and NoMa, right? Why not, they just turn the trains at NoMa instead of Glenmont. But, no such luck, headways are 5 minutes or even more, and this is during the rush hour when crush loads require headways of 2 minutes. Crowding is worse than usual, and ive been forced to use the 520 am marc train to make sure I get to work on time. Operational reasons why this should be so?

Equipment needs or physical plant limitations on where a set can cross over to the correct line for the platform or direction they are traveling would be my guess.

I have observed that they turn the trains at NoMa in the station, and do not do so in the adjacent yard. That may be part of what adds upto that 5 minute headway. I don't know why they operate the way they do, but probably there is a very reasonable explanation.

I have observed that they turn the trains at NoMa in the station, and do not do so in the adjacent yard. That may be part of what adds upto that 5 minute headway. I don't know why they operate the way they do, but probably there is a very reasonable explanation.

:giggle: OMG have you met WMATA?!? :giggle:

:giggle: OMG have you met WMATA?!? :giggle:
WMATA: We make NJ Transit look good!😄

Is metro on fire today?

But seriously when a transit organization has a website and T shirts with that phrase. You have a problem.