Where's Julie?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since yesterday (8/3/2018), Julie doesn't pick up the phone. Instead a recorded voice of a gentleman informs us that due to a high volume of calls, we should go to Amtrak.com or call back later. I find it hard to believe that at 6 a.m. EDT there's that high a volume of calls.

Where's Julie?

jb

Not sure whats going on, but lots of flights got canceled due to weather yesterday afternoon/evening so they may have gotten extra volume from people who wanted to get home, and didn't know how which takes lots of time per call. One of my friends is sitting in Detroit right now, yesterday afternoon, yesterday night, and first out this morning were all canceled (dtw-ewr).Those flights would have been full, who knows if they will even get seats today.

They wanted a more contemporary experience. So, instead of being disconnected after Julie misdirects your call several times because she can't hear you, a man just hangs up on you immediately after barking that you should call back.

it is quite the time saver.

Last edited by a moderator:
They wanted a more contemporary experience. So, instead of being disconnected after Julie misdirects your call several times because she can't hear you, a man just hangs up on you immediately after barking that you should call back.

it is quite the time saver.
Thirdrail Wins the thread!

Maybe Julie got ridden out of town on the rails!
default_mosking.gif

You know, Julie's job is so difficult and she has such a hard time and such little success doing it, that she just needed a break. Poor Julie.

Would you believe that I tried to compliment Julie on her great voice awhile back

but before she could arrange to buy me a drink to thank me, a customer service rep

came on the line, interrupting her.

But the quality of her voice - and her smooth delivery and diction - and the smile

in her voice - does indeed make me wonder if she also works as a commercial

voice-over announcer, or perhaps as a local on-air radio personality somewhere.

But the quality of her voice - and her smooth delivery and diction - and the smile

in her voice - does indeed make me wonder if she also works as a commercial

voice-over announcer, or perhaps as a local on-air radio personality somewhere.
The name behind the voice is Julie Seitter, and she is indeed a professional voice-over talent.

Love that line at the end, where she called a company, and heard her own voice respond....
default_smile.png

Nothing against her, but I would love it, if some one who is actually responsible for those maddening automated responses, gets back the same, often frustrating responses when making a call for themself, and has to go thru endless 'menu's...
default_wink.png
There was some story or video or something I saw a while back about the woman behind the voice of iOS’s Siri. I’d memory serves, she held out on getting an iPhone for a while because of how weird it was.

I have never found Julie being any better than giving me very basic information.
That’s the point. If you need something more complex, she’ll route you to a customer service representative.

It prevents the CSRs from getting bogged down with phone calls for “very basic information”.

I have never found Julie being any better than giving me very basic information.
That’s the point. If you need something more complex, she’ll route you to a customer service representative.

It prevents the CSRs from getting bogged down with phone calls for “very basic information”.
Thanks for the information. I did not realize that Julie could do so.

Back