Amtrak 30,000 bonus points offer on World Mastercard

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C&O RR

Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
ragm_rewwldcm_mc_250x158.png

The Amtrak Guest Rewards® World Mastercard®Get 30,000 bonus points after you make $1,000 or more in purchases on your new card within 90 days of account opening.

https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go

It's on Amtrak.com at the top - there's 3 ads, so people may miss it. Just click on the 1st dot on the right side

Not sure where you get 30,000 points since the offer is 20,000 for the $79 fee card and just 12,000 for the free card. Now you can as I did when they first moved to Bank of America apply for both and get 32,000 points total. I would apply as I did for only one card at a time so you can meet the spending qualification on one before applying for the second.

Not sure where you get 30,000 points since the offer is 20,000 for the $79 fee card and just 12,000 for the free card. Now you can as I did when they first moved to Bank of America apply for both and get 32,000 points total. I would apply as I did for only one card at a time so you can meet the spending qualification on one before applying for the second.

As I stated above, it's one of the 3 "rotating" ads at the top of Amtrak.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Before making my comment, I read your comment and checked the rotating ads at top of Amtrak.com and it is still only 20,000 and not 30,000.

Before making my comment, I read your comment and checked the rotating ads at top of Amtrak.com and it is still only 20,000 and not 30,000.
Strange because I was not logged in when I saw it so it couldn’t be targeted.

Okay, it is showing as a "limited time" offer on AGR but only 20,000 on Amtrak.com whether I am signed in or not. Well I have both cards so offer does not apply to me anyway.

Okay, it is showing as a "limited time" offer on AGR but only 20,000 on Amtrak.com whether I am signed in or not. Well I have both cards so offer does not apply to me anyway.
I see the offer on BOTH Amtrak.com home page and AGR home page...without signing in. But like you Tenn Traveler, I already have the paid card.
It is on my AGR page20180718_033424.jpeg

I have had my AGR card for five months and I got the 20,000 point bonus. Would be nice if they would give an extra 10,000 points for existing card members

Had my AGR card for many many years...was originally Chase, now BOA. Ran into some very small fine print re the TQPs. They say you earn 1,000 when spending over $5,000/month. I generally charge more then $5,000 every month, however - fine print = 4,000 TQPs LIMIT/yr earning this way. Been in Select Plus since the beginning due to train usage. Funny thing - I only ride ONE train = AT. Just that it's at least 6-8 times/yr and earn TQPs on that. Regular Rewards points based on card usage. The AGR is well worth it if you train & charge a lot.

Had my AGR card for many many years...was originally Chase, now BOA. Ran into some very small fine print re the TQPs. They say you earn 1,000 when spending over $5,000/month. I generally charge more then $5,000 every month, however - fine print = 4,000 TQPs LIMIT/yr earning this way. Been in Select Plus since the beginning due to train usage. Funny thing - I only ride ONE train = AT. Just that it's at least 6-8 times/yr and earn TQPs on that. Regular Rewards points based on card usage. The AGR is well worth it if you train & charge a lot.
I think it's $5,000/quarter, not month. So, yeah, you'd only earn 4000 pts/year

Back