UPRR Derailment North of Tucson-1(8Jul18)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40 cars reportedly hit the ground. It looks like there may have been a washout. Things are looking bad for 1(8).

Photos: Union Pacific train derailment north of Tucson

A Union Pacific train derailed east of I-10, north of Twin Peaks Road in Marana on July 10, 2018, in the midst of a heavy monsoon downpour and flooding. No reports of injuries.
It is monsoon season. The train would have to fly off the tracks to count as a derailment. Things may also look bad for 2 (11) and 1 (10). Expect turn at ELP or TUS.

Since that's a UPS train I'm almost dying to know how much that'll cost UP. Those UPS trains are HOT! They move those guys with top priority.
UPS and UP will quickly get the containers on trucks and to their destination. I wander if it was going to or from the UPS hub outside of Dallas.

Most people will not even think to look at their tracking number to notice their package arrived two days late and costs refunded as a service failure. Everyday about 10% of UPS packages are delivered late, yet most do not bother to follow up.

They have a track open so 2(11) is not affected. 1(8) eventually continued to LAX but I believe some (if not all) of the passengers may have been bused.

They also have agreements where the locomotives owned by another railroad can operate at a set price per horsepower hour, which can be paid back in either cash or horsepower hours by the railroad with the positive balance.

Back