Mystic River Dragon

Train steps at Mystic--how steep?

You're almost qualified. You left out Wilmington. ;) With the exception of Metropark and New York, the E signs are merely for spotting the train to expedite loading. They typically line up with end doors. They were placed in tandem with the original seat assignment program.

You're almost qualified. You left out Wilmington. ;) With the exception of Metropark and New York, the E signs are merely for spotting the train to expedite loading. They typically line up with end doors. They were placed in tandem with the original seat assignment program.

I'll have to bop him upside his head for leaving out WIL. Or just call him Dude. :giggle:

I should have known that one too.

Eh, it’s in Delawhere. Everyone forgets that place exists. :)

:giggle:

Eh, its in Delawhere. Everyone forgets that place exists. :)

Sort of like Rhode Island, when you're riding on a Acela you'll miss it if you blink!😄😄😄

Sort of like Rhode Island, when you're riding on a Acela you'll miss it if you blink!

But at least with Rhode Island, you'll be sad if you do!

Sort of like Rhode Island, when you're riding on a Acela you'll miss it if you blink!

But at least with Rhode Island, you'll be sad if you do!
Excuse me!?!

All sorts of terrific things to look at in Delaware--can't see them from the train, but they are there--from huge historic houses to Jamie Wyeth's fantastically realistic Portrait of a Pig in the Brandywine River Museum :). (The rumor is that he fed it Oreos to keep it happy and content while being painted. :))

Of course, compared to my state (NJ), anything else looks pretty good! :P

All sorts of terrific things to look at in Delaware--can't see them from the train, but they are there--from huge historic houses to Jamie Wyeth's fantastically realistic Portrait of a Pig in the Brandywine River Museum :). (The rumor is that he fed it Oreos to keep it happy and content while being painted. :))

Of course, compared to my state (NJ), anything else looks pretty good! :P

There you go, putting DE in PA. The Brandywine Museum is in Chadds Ford, PA. ;)

Delaware gets no respect despite being the First State.

All sorts of terrific things to look at in Delaware--can't see them from the train, but they are there--from huge historic houses to Jamie Wyeth's fantastically realistic Portrait of a Pig in the Brandywine River Museum :). (The rumor is that he fed it Oreos to keep it happy and content while being painted. :)

Of course, compared to my state (NJ), anything else looks pretty good! t:P

When. the train crosses White Clay Creek, between Newark and Wilmington, you can set see a water treatment plant and a little footbridge over the creek on the northwest side of the tracks. I spent some time there in 1999-2000 collecting water samples for a big USGS study on VOC contamination in public drinking water supplies. I would go out once a month and collect from a whole bunch of water intakes and wells in MD, DE, and northern VA. It was a nice way to get out of the office for a day or two.

The Brandywine Museum is my favorite. The pig is my wife’s favorite painting at the museum.

There is a nice restaurant there too.

The Brandywine Museum is my favorite.

It's a great place - the pride of Delaware! I'm telling you, the Brandywine Museum knocks everything else in Delaware out of the park!

It's a great place - the pride of Delaware! I'm telling you, the Brandywine Museum knocks everything else in Delaware out of the park!
Exactly where in Delaware is this museum?

It is actually in Chads Ford, Pa on US 1. Just north of Wilmington, DE. On the Brandywine River. Very close to Delaware but not in it!

Edited by JRR

Why Chadds Ford, Delaware, of course! :P (ok, I'm done)

Edited by cpotisch

Why Chadds Ford, Delaware, of course! :P (ok, I'm done)
Heck, it’s not even in Delaware County, PA. ;)

Maybe it'll get some respect once the dining car bearing its namesake appears. Here's a motto you can propose: The First State---and not the last Dining Car. :giggle:

Wait! What's that in your hand, Blue? I was just kidding....nooooooooooooooooo! :help:

Maybe it'll get some respect once the dining car bearing its namesake appears. Here's a motto you can propose: The First State---and not the last Dining Car. :giggle:

Wait! What's that in your hand, Blue? I was just kidding....nooooooooooooooooo! :help:

Will I see you on chat tomorrow night? I have a few words for you. ;)

Actually Jim if one looks at the Speeds allowed for an Acela in RI and DE they break about even. I think that DE is a bit quicker though.

Actually Jim if one looks at the Speeds allowed for an Acela in RI and DE they break about even. I think that DE is a bit quicker though.

Do Acelas stop in RI? They do stop in DE, so you do get to see DE. ;)

Do Acelas stop in RI? They do stop in DE, so you do get to see DE. ;)

They actually do stop in RI...

Sorry Betty. You must have forgot they stop at Providence. Just like I forgot the spotting markers in Wilmington.

It’s ok. We’re even.