I recently made select plus which is about best I guess I can hope for living in northeast Louisiana and the closest Amtrak station any direction more than a hundred miles away. I really don't see any way for me to use the upgrade coupons on the long distance trains I've ridden or am I missing something? The companion coupons I received I use on short jaunts to Dallas with my wife riding coach but not seeing any way to benefit from the upgrade coupons.

Upgrade coupons only apply to trains in the Northeast, Midwest, on the Coast Starlight, and on the Pacific Surfliner. You can't find business class anywhere else, unfortunately.

Upgrade coupons only apply to trains in the Northeast, Midwest, on the Coast Starlight, and on the Pacific Surfliner. You can't find business class anywhere else, unfortunately.

You can also find business class offered on the LSL, the Cardinal and maybe a few other trains.

You can also find business class offered on the LSL, the Cardinal and maybe a few other trains.

Right, that's included in the Northeast and midwest. I didn't just mean the NEC - I meant the Northeast US as a whole.

So if you want to take the Cardinal from Staunton to Charleston, or the Palmetto from Rocky Mount to Savannah, would that be considered northeast or Midwest?:huh:

Edited by the_traveler

So if you want to take the Cardinal from Staunton to Charleston, or the Palmetto from Rocky Mount to Savannah, would that be considered northeast or Midwest? :huh:

Point taken and I forfeit the argument. :)

Yeah that's what I kind of figured out. Shame I can't trade upgrade coupons for companion coupons

I would be happy to trade my companion coupons for upgrade coupons. I currently have 5 and they almost always go unused, while I constantly use upgrade coupons as I travel on the Acela frequently for work.

Feel free to PM me if interested

Cascades? Downeaster? Edited by Triley

Cascades? Downeaster?

I counted the Downeaster as northeast, but I totally forgot about Cascades so point taken.