Amtrak Vacation June 2018 - Five Amtrak Trains Coast to Coast

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tennessee Traveler

Conductor
Just returned home from a three week Amtrak Vacation that literally covered the USA coast to coast including riding five Amtrak trains and overnights in New Orleans, New York City, Chicago, Seattle, and Los Angeles. Here is my wrap up travel blog post with link to eleven photo galleries. Enjoy and you are invited to sign up to get my travel blogs in your email inbox for my future travels. I only do the blog updates as I travel.

Amtrak Vacation June 2018 Wrap Up Blog Post with links to 11 photo galleries

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked at the photo galleries and they are lovely--thank you! I enjoyed reliving my visit to Chicago and EB trip through the photos, too!

Very nice that you have family and friends on both coasts--scenery is nice, but visiting with others is best!
default_smile.png

Sorry, what routes did you take? I saw photo albums for the Crescent, Acela, Capitol Limited, and Empire Builder. Did you take any other routes to get to Los Angeles and back, or did you just fly for the rest?

The Pacific Surfliner Los Angeles to Fullerton was the fifth. Yes, I was booked to travel on the Coast Starlight Seattle to Los Angeles but because of the tunnel collapse in Oregon Amtrak cancelled the Coast Starlight so I did indeed take my first flight on Alaska Airlines Seattle to LAX and stayed two nights instead of the one originally planned at the Hyatt Regency at LAX. So the gallery Los Angeles covered my ride on the Pacific Surfliner Los Angeles to Fullerton and return. I am a big Old Spaghetti Factory fan and have eaten at the Fullerton location before so I took the Flyaway bus from LAX airport to Los Angeles Union Station to ride the Pacific Surfliner.

Back