Pullman car on 42 yesterday

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When 42 stopped in Trenton yesterday, it had Pullman car Louis Sockalexis attached to it (right behind the engine in the front).

I'm assuming it had been in the back and then just stayed where it was when the train reversed itself at PHL?

It had a few people in it. Does anyone know where it was going and why? And even more important, how it got to go anywhere with the new PV rules?
default_tongue.png

Thanks for any information....(always nice, too, to see something interesting as I switch trains at TRE on my commute).
default_smile.png

When 42 stopped in Trenton yesterday, it had Pullman car Louis Sockalexis attached to it (right behind the engine in the front).

I'm assuming it had been in the back and then just stayed where it was when the train reversed itself at PHL?

It had a few people in it. Does anyone know where it was going and why? And even more important, how it got to go anywhere with the new PV rules?
default_tongue.png

Thanks for any information....(always nice, too, to see something interesting as I switch trains at TRE on my commute).
default_smile.png
That's an EX Broadway Limited observation car. It was bound for New York coming from Philly I want to say. I'm not sure where it's currently going it sounds like a position move to get on one of the Silvers or Crescent. So we shall see where it ends up.

The new rules are incredibly restricted but there are a few people who are making a go at it. The issue though is the tariff can rise with no notice day to day causing trips to be cancelled due to no longer being profitable for the owner. Gardner and his policy wonks need to go.

I can confirm it originated in PHL - they were selling (relatively) cheap seats for the positioning move and my son jumped at the chance. I believe it's supposed to trail the Pennsylvanian to Pittsburgh today (2018-06-23) - look for it on Horseshoe Curve!

Can someone point me to a website for that car/company? I've been on the lookout for open positioning moves, and the more resources I have, the more likely I can make it work.

That's an EX Broadway Limited observation car. It was bound for New York coming from Philly I want to say. I'm not sure where it's currently going it sounds like a position move to get on one of the Silvers or Crescent. So we shall see where it ends up.
After a round trip to PGH, I believe it is headed west.

Thanks, Thirdrail7!
default_smile.png

And now, would you believe it, I don't see any private rail cars going through Trenton for months, and then yesterday I saw the Mount Vernon going north through TRE on the rear of the Crescent! A PV two days in a row, right after the new restrictions on moving them! I waved at the guys looking out the back and they waved back. They were nicely dressed (sort of weekend business casual?) and were looking out from inside, not standing out on the platform. (Do they have the new rules posted inside all the PVs?
default_tongue.png
)

Thanks, Thirdrail7!
default_smile.png

And now, would you believe it, I don't see any private rail cars going through Trenton for months, and then yesterday I saw the Mount Vernon going north through TRE on the rear of the Crescent! A PV two days in a row, right after the new restrictions on moving them! I waved at the guys looking out the back and they waved back. They were nicely dressed (sort of weekend business casual?) and were looking out from inside, not standing out on the platform. (Do they have the new rules posted inside all the PVs?
default_tongue.png
)
I'm not sure if the move got cancelled by the latest round of the tariffs and charges but there should be two on Train No. 174 on July 3 and two on 173 on July fifth. Should be Dearing and Berlin. But I'm not sure if it's running or not anymore.

Back