asm.transitdocs.com down?

• Thread starter asm.transitdocs.com down?
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

asm.transitdocs.com down?

I use this website to track all Amtrak train in the US. It has not been working for a while and I was wondering if anyone knows why it is down.

As bmjhagen9426 said, the source data from Amtrak hasn't been updating reliably. The same issue occurs on the amtrak.com track-a-train.

An important fact to consider is that whenever Track a Train is not working, Transit Docs also stops working, as the latter gets its data from the former.
Sadly there's not much they can do about that. And ASM has worked really reliably for me over the past year or two, so I'm not complaining much. It's a free site and it's easy to use, and usually pretty reliable, so I'm not complaining.
default_smile.png

The data feed from Amtrak was not updating from Monday around 8:30 AM to today around 7:45 AM. It kept providing the same data. I don't know why it didn't update and why it took Amtrak so long to fix it. It may not be monitored robustly on their side. Or, maybe it was a severe problem. Who knows?

Since train status and 800 number ivr were both updating, nobody was actually without the most important information. I enjoy the map format and the added info it presents, but I was on trains all day Monday, and we (the passengers) did have access to the most important info.

Not working July 30, 2018 sadly..love the site. Hope it gets fixed.

Hi, the source data stopped working yesterday, and Amtrak's own train tracker is also down. It is something they will have to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back