Patrick Henry Cars on Amtrak #5(10)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent

Conductor
The two Patrick Henry Creative Promotions private cars, Pullman Evelyn A. Henry and dome car Warren R. Henry, are on the end of the westbound California Zephyr that left Chicago today. I caught this Amtrak #5, which also has a ski train wrap ad, at Agency, Iowa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great catch, as always. I guess Patrick Henry made Anderson an offer he couldn’t refuse! [emoji6]

I’ve never been able to distinguish Superliner I and II from each other. Which kind were those cars?

Great catch, as always. I guess Patrick Henry made Anderson an offer he couldn’t refuse! [emoji6]

I’ve never been able to distinguish Superliner I and II from each other. Which kind were those cars?
In order, Superliner II - Superliner II - Superliner I - Superliner I - Superliner I - Superliner II - Superliner I - Superliner I - Superliner I

This can help:

Thanks for the video. Wow. I’d imagined the difference was more pronounced than a simple difference in truck design.

On Wednesday, I caught these cars returning east on Amtrak #6(18). Before they came through Agency, the Zephyr spent over an hour at the Ottumwa station trying to connect to the PTC system. Took a while just to get the BNSF PTC Desk on the radio. I was too far away to pick up the Amtrak crew on the radio scanner. The voices that are heard over the radio are the BNSF dispatcher, then the PTC Desk at 1:25 (first heard trying to address Amtrak as "BNSF 6"), and then eventually both.

The part with the Patrick Henry cars starts at 7:50.

On Wednesday, I caught these cars returning east on Amtrak #6(18). Before they came through Agency, the Zephyr spent over an hour at the Ottumwa station trying to connect to the PTC system. Took a while just to get the BNSF PTC Desk on the radio. I was too far away to pick up the Amtrak crew on the radio scanner. The voices that are heard over the radio are the BNSF dispatcher, then the PTC Desk at 1:25 (first heard trying to address Amtrak as "BNSF 6"), and then eventually both.

The part with the Patrick Henry cars starts at 7:50.

Please accept my appreciation for your patience in waiting for the arrival at your location of this train so that you could record it. Thanks!

Please accept my appreciation for your patience in waiting for the arrival at your location of this train so that you could record it. Thanks!
Thank you. The hardest part was waiting while nothing was being said over the radio. It was better once I knew what was going on.

Thank you--nice train, and you always do a great job of showing both the close-ups and the larger picture.
default_smile.png

Where on earth are those two people going, though? Crossing the tracks and totally oblivious to the train coming, and why there? Is there a town or some other place they would go hidden around the corner?

Back