Denver A Train Still Signal Problems?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seat38a

Engineer
Got back from a 3000 mile road trip through 5 states last week. Our last stop during the trip was in Denver and one night we stayed at the Renaissance Denver Stapleton, which is right next to the railroad that the A line which runs from Denver International to Denver Union Station travels.

One thing we immediately noticed was the LOUD train horns. After doing a little digging, it looks like since the train launched in 2016, they were not able to solve a software issue for the railroad crossing arms so, each time a train goes through a crossing, the trains have to blow their horns AND also have a human crossing guard at each crossing.

So can anyone enlighten me regarding this software issue and why they have not been able to resolve it for almost 2 years now. As I understand it, this same issue is holding up the opening of the G line. When we arrived into our room, I thought it was odd that there were earplugs with the bath products, but it did not take long to realize why they were there.

Back