Leaving AU

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpotisch

Engineer
I wanted to let everyone know that I will be leaving Amtrak Unlimited. AU has been an incredibly helpful and interesting resource, so I want to thank you all for your help and assistance over the past 9 months. Unfortunately, I've realized lately that I have nothing to contribute to this board or its members, so it doesn't make sense anymore for me to continue posting or accessing this site at all. I apologize to all of you for everything false or pointless that I said, and hope that there are no hard feelings.

Sincerely,

Coby

Don't let one member's post discourage you. You are more mature than most "kids" I know, to the point I don't really think of you as a kid. Even if not legally so, you are a young adult in my eyes.

All of us get corrected on occasion, even the adults (and I use that term loosely in Ryan's case). We learn from it and move on.

Or we bicker about it. Whatever is more fun at the time.
default_wink.png

Where is this coming from? If you want to take a break from posting, or you want to lurk for a bit while pursuing other interests, then more power to you. That being said I would strongly suggest you avoid succumbing to binary decision making. Put another way, maybe you should sleep on it first.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the other said.

Everybody has something to contribute. I've always enjoyed your posts. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

All of us get corrected on occasion, even the adults (and I use that term loosely in Ryan's case).
Ryan has annoyed me a lot to the point that I just ignore his posts (and there is an option to ignore a specific member's posts) (I'm guessing people use it on me too:) Every board has bad apples, just block the bad apple(s), there should be enough good apples for meaningful discussion. I wouldn't still be here if there wasn't.

Don't let unsolicited advice about what you should or should not do from some busybodies here (sometimes that includes me too) deter you. Look, I realized a long time back that I could not contribute here without standing a significant chance of being yelled at by someone, and I just chose to develop a thick enough skin. Also it pays to be prudent about what one shares. Just because one knows something does not mean one must share it. Afterall the delicate feelings of the crowd here needs to be taken into consideration too
default_biggrin.png

So my friend, hope you will let whatever happened pass, and eventually jump back into the fray here.

Even if you decide to cut back, leaving totally (in my mind) would be a mistake. Youthful enthusiasm in and of itself is an important contribution. In business, there is a term called "succession management" preparing for the inevitable passing of the torch to the next generation. People underestimate what may be valuable. Even posting pictures of well balanced attractive meal options without red meat may open peoples' eyes to choices they may not have thought of. Home work : It has 2 common translations used.....Age Quod Agis....../

All of us get corrected on occasion, even the adults (and I use that term loosely in Ryan's case).
Ryan has annoyed me a lot to the point that I just ignore his posts (and there is an option to ignore a specific member's posts) (I'm guessing people use it on me too:) Every board has bad apples, just block the bad apple(s), there should be enough good apples for meaningful discussion. I wouldn't still be here if there wasn't.
Hint: Sarah was joking with me. We’re friends.

Coby, I agree with the comments above, and I'd like to mention that I've been chastised a time or two myself (yes, I am old and gray, but I don't know everything and never will). I've learned to keep my posts to topics I have personal experience with. And I want to say, I would not have had as many wonderful experiences without the advice given by others on the forum -AND- I am now able to help newbies who ask questions pertinent to those very experiences.

Speaking of topics I have personal experience with, I love your food posts! You have very good taste in food, and I can see where you get it from.
default_happy.png
Keep up the good work, I love your enthusiasm.

Just caught up with this, and many people have beaten me to it, but please, please reconsider. Your posts are a breath of fresh air, you are wise beyond your years, and you have a gift of cutting through straight to the heart of many issues.

This is also a good place to learn, and sometimes the teachers on here can sound harsh. But I don't believe they mean to--we all just want to encourage each other to think things through and present the best arguments on a topic.

Besides, you are the first person in years who has gotten me to start thinking about learning how to really cook!
default_smile.png

Take a break, of course--but come back?
default_smile.png

Hey, you've been on a train-or-two! Hence...you speak from Experience. I look for others first-hand experiences. Other then training from DC-to-Rutland, Vermont (WITH SKIS) to go skiing in Killington...My experience is all on the AutoTrain...be it 15 years worth...going 8-times-a-year since retiring. It's interesting to compare experiences in food and accommodations on other trains (like you have). He!!, we could have one AutoTrain Thread all to its self! LOL I'd luv to talk about cooking on the train. The AutoTrain actually did have a Chef that cooked (I'd get a steak rare, Niece the crab-cakes...we'd split and make surf & turf)...be it many MANY years ago. Alas, now = Press-1 for fish, Press-2 for meat! They went from china to COSTCO Chinette...expecting "sporks" any trip now! lol Lol LOL

P.S. - I've had Posts deleted too!

Just caught up with this, and many people have beaten me to it, but please, please reconsider. Your posts are a breath of fresh air, you are wise beyond your years, and you have a gift of cutting through straight to the heart of many issues.

This is also a good place to learn, and sometimes the teachers on here can sound harsh. But I don't believe they mean to--we all just want to encourage each other to think things through and present the best arguments on a topic.

Besides, you are the first person in years who has gotten me to start thinking about learning how to really cook!
default_smile.png

Take a break, of course--but come back?
default_smile.png
You might have talked me into it. I've gotta think more about it all, but thank you.

Back