Guest Lancer

Superliner sleepers - is the forward end random?

Guest Lancer

Is there any way to know which side of the train a particular Superliner roomette will be on. I've been on the north side of the SWC a couple of times and would like to get a south-facing room if possible. But I suspect that the forward end of the car is a random occurrence and there is no way to predict which side you'll be on.

Is there any way to know which side of the train a particular Superliner roomette will be on. I've been on the north side of the SWC a couple of times and would like to get a south-facing room if possible. But I suspect that the forward end of the car is a random occurrence and there is no way to predict which side you'll be on.

There's pretty much no way. The cars have vestibules at both ends, and are designed to be able to operate in either direction, so it's really just whatever's most convenient for the yard crew.

A train like the CZ has 6 train sets operating and the direction of the cars could be different in each consist. Only the Transition Sleeper is directional with one end having stairs to enter the Baggage Car.

Another that you can be certain of is the FIRST Viewliner sleeper. It is ALWAYS placed so that the H-Room is next to the Dining Car. The 2nd (and if there is 3rd) sleeper again could face either direction.

Edited by the_traveler

There's pretty much no way. The cars have vestibules at both ends, and are designed to be able to operate in either direction, so it's really just whatever's most convenient for the yard crew.

While the orientation of the cars is random, except for the transdorms, Superliners do not have vestibules at both ends. The ends of Superliners do not have vestibules at all.

While the orientation of the cars is random, except for the transdorms, Superliners do not have vestibules at both ends. The ends of Superliners do not have vestibules at all.
Methinks he might have meant to say gangways, or whatever those connecting walkways to the next car are called.

Methinks he might have meant to say gangways, or whatever those connecting walkways to the next car are called.

[ahem]

It's called the Bouncy Accordion Hallway, thank you very much.

[ahem]

It's called the Bouncy Accordion Hallway, thank you very much.

:hi:

Thanks, that's what I meant. :hi:

Another that you can be certain of is the FIRST Viewliner sleeper. It is ALWAYS placed so that the H-Room is next to the Dining Car. The 2nd (and if there is 3rd) sleeper again could face either direction.

All of the sleepers point the same direction, since there are only exterior doors at one end of the car.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.